PDA

View Full Version : high idle

larry
09-28-2014, 06:38 PM
03 mach clutch went out had new clutch put in and now once the car is cranked it idles up and back down to about a grand then a few seconds later it goes up to 2k or better...if you gas it a little to try to get it to come down it just goes up more...put a new iac with no change at all...has a bama tune that was fine before this happened however the battery was disconnected for a good portion of the month it was sitting I reflashed the tune to the car and no change, ran a self test with a diagnostics computer and got a code p0121 tps circuit A...going to hope and pray the tps fixes the issue but any other ideas are welcome...kinda strange for it to be running fine before the clutch went out and then it sat for a month while the clutch was installed and now magically its idling high.

blown03Mach1
09-28-2014, 06:54 PM
With you tuner hooked up and engine in accessories, look at your TPS voltage with no throttle input and see where you are at. I believe it should be something like .96 at idle, but search the threads in here to make sure.

If you TPS voltage is high you can loosen the two screws (If my memory is correct they are screws) and you can actually adjust your TPS voltage by turning the TPS a little in either direction. See if you can adjust it to the recommended TPS voltage.

01yellerCobra
09-28-2014, 07:01 PM
Did any wires get pinched when the trans went back in?

larry
09-28-2014, 07:06 PM
voltage seemed right at .96 or so...and we looked again under the car to check for pinched wires but didn see anything out of the ordinary

not a gt
09-28-2014, 07:11 PM
All vacuum lines hooked up with no pinholes or anything to line going to TB? I know the last thing done was clutch so you are trying to back track from there, but these freakin cars are notorious for s**t happening totally unrelated to what you were actually working on :anger: Any idea what your vacuum is at idle and is it fluctating?? Just throwing out ideas, good luck to ya and keep us in the loop with what you find .

larry
09-28-2014, 07:32 PM
oh yea I will let you all know what the deal is for sure...but as far as the diagnostic read vacuum was fine we checked EVERYTHING just gotta try a new tps, cleaned MAF and everything, was a night at the track when the clutch went out got a pass and a half and pedal was flopping...towed back to the shop and my guy is so busy he just kinda messed with it as he had time over the past month and when he took it out to test the clutch and noticed the rpms going up and called me to ask if it had been like that which it hadn't, but nothing showing up out of the ordinary other than that tps circuit a code that popped up on our last test with the diag computer, definitely ready to have her back already 30k miles on her she needs to be driven lol

shadowmaker
09-28-2014, 07:50 PM
Check the IAC valve, take it out and clean it. If that doesnt fix it, you may need the block off plate. Do a search, it is pretty common.

larry
09-28-2014, 08:47 PM
I read something about the restrictor plate on another site earlier today when we were having the issue, gonna try the tps tomorrow and if that don't work we will see what we can do with a restrictor plate

bris09
09-28-2014, 11:58 PM
Are you still getting the TPS code? If so what voltage is the computer seeing? I ask because it is possible for you to measure the voltage at the TPS and the computer not see it if the signal wire is broke.

larry
10-05-2014, 11:39 PM
ok guys so after another week of digging shes back on the road...found a pinched wire in the bell housing after troubleshooting the obvious pulled it apart and there it was...simple mistake and they are bound to happen, thanks for all of your input and theres the reply to what it ended up being.