Wow, that really is a pretty incredible thing :COOL:

01yellerCobra
07-01-2014, 05:57 PM
Do they just scan for codes?

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Thunderbolt
07-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Do they just scan for codes?

That's all they do in Washington state. It's a joke. $15 and you only go every 2 years. If you just bought the car (new or used), then you get a 5 year pass before you have to get tested.

slojunk91
07-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Been passing emission inspections here in NY without cats since 04' with just MIL eliminators on rear 02 sensors. Oh yeah..I am the inspection station. But it is an OBDII plug in that there is no way around. They're are some shortcuts but no cheating really(believe me I tried and ended up at a DMV hearing). The whole format changed just this year with new program and equipment and my Mach passed on Saturday again with no cats. Love it lol....

not a gt
07-01-2014, 07:33 PM
What would be the secret, lean it out a hair before going in??

slojunk91
07-01-2014, 08:09 PM
What would be the secret, lean it out a hair before going in??

Really no secrets..no cats in NY with the engine light on your junk..forget it. the MIL eliminators are just resistors giving the ECM a false signal. Without a CEL.

01yellerCobra
07-01-2014, 08:32 PM
I keep hearing rumors that cali is going to the scanning only. That would make my life so much easier.

not a gt
07-01-2014, 08:42 PM
I keep hearing rumors that cali is going to the scanning only. That would make my life so much easier.

I don't see that happenning over there, they should nickname it "The Regulation "state :(

Thunderbolt
07-01-2014, 10:18 PM
I don't see that happenning over there, they should nickname it "The Regulation "state :(

Commiefornia.

iudelt89
07-02-2014, 11:48 AM
I don't have MIL eliminators, just have the rear O2 sensors tuned out. That being said they were functioning when I took that car in.

First time I went in it failed because it had not been driven enough since throwing the stock tune back on. After 25 miles of very careful driving came back and passed. Then the check engine light lit up on my way home from the emissions station :santa:

slojunk91
07-02-2014, 12:22 PM
I don't have MIL eliminators, just have the rear O2 sensors tuned out. That being said they were functioning when I took that car in.

First time I went in it failed because it had not been driven enough since throwing the stock tune back on. After 25 miles of very careful driving came back and passed. Then the check engine light lit up on my way home from the emissions station :santa:

Thats another way is to clear the light and drive it 30-60 miles to complete the drive cycles BEFORE the check light comes on. Usually takes a few tries though. I am still on my stock tune(getting tuned end of month with a 100 shot) with just MIL eliminators with no CEL. At least you passed :thumbsup:.

Sburns04
07-16-2014, 03:16 AM
Hmmm I wonder if I'll pass? Im running an O/R H with with spark plug non foulers screwed onto my rear o2 sensors and no cel.

Mach828
07-16-2014, 10:19 AM
My car will never pass emissions again in its life :(

FastSVO
07-19-2014, 03:53 AM
I believe Cali has been using the OBD diagnostic plug since the beginning of the year. Unfortunately they still do a visual inspection.

iamkevin7
07-19-2014, 07:25 AM
Cali is a large part of the reason we had air pumps on cars in the 60's. Back before OBDII we had tailpipe sniff tests for older stuff and my buddy had an old C10 P/U and he would run it almost out of gas and pour 2 gallons on denatured alcohol in it. He passed every year until the state went to only emission testing OBDII vehicles. Emission and safety inspections are just another tax on vehicle ownership here in NC.