PDA

View Full Version : PTSD Combat peer mentor

ASH302
06-24-2014, 03:45 PM
I know I posted on the Texas area, but if yall have a family member or friend that served in a combat zone, you can pass along my info to them. I do not mind texting or talking on the phone and here to help them out.
txmach302@gmail.com

so just putting it out there incase there is someone in another state that just needs someone to talk with, I will be happy to help with it and try to do my best to get them what they need.

From personal experience and seeing it personally the best help when dealing with combat PTSD is talking with someone else who been through the same thing. There is no degree plan out there that could give the kind of training that comes with helping another Veteran and War is War, it doesn't matter what war you are in the effects are the same and I have learned from older Veterans the results are the same, different time and place, but still the same stuff.

sorry went on my soap box there, but I just wanted to get the information out there, that I am here to help if someone needs it. That is my calling from God. another thing is I gain a personal relationship with God last year after I hit my rock bottom and He was the only thing that got my life turn around. Now with that being said, I am no Bible thumper or going to push my spiritual belief down someone throat. I am there to help deal with the PTSD and all I can do is tell them what saved me and that is the beautiful free choice we have from God, is either to take on a relationship or not.

Also if you have a female combat Vet that does not feel good talking with a male vet, my wife did three tours to Iraq and was in 23 years, so she is more than happy to talk with female if that is one of the problems a female Veteran has.

God Bless

ASh

Mach351
06-24-2014, 08:10 PM
I greatly appreciate what you are doing. Thank you, sir.

From personal experience and seeing it personally the best help when dealing with combat PTSD is talking with someone else who been through the same thing. There is no degree plan out there that could give the kind of training that comes with helping another Veteran and War is War
This is the truth - combat vets don't want a doctor or need a shoulder to cry on, they need someone else who has seen and experienced the things they have first hand that can identify with what they have endured.

ASH302
06-24-2014, 10:10 PM
It truly is something ive been called to do and I do not want anything out of return for what i'm doing
If anything the only thing I want is not another Combat vet to take their own life, because of PTSD.

ASh