PDA

View Full Version : St Louis Area Cruise

FstMvr
02-26-2004, 08:23 PM
Spring is almost here, temps are warming up and its time to start thinking about a simple get together. Need some help determining some key info (don't know the area well):

:CHEERS:

Resturant or other location: other than Hooters--we have some ladies that might want to go and not eat at Hooters

Date: 13, 20, 27 March?

Time: Morning or Afternoon or Evening (Suggestion: 9 - 12 or 12 - 5 or 5 - 9)

Majority rules--let's start with those suggestions now!

:HOPPY:

mommyw/mach
02-27-2004, 05:19 PM
I meet up at hooters all the time with my stlmustang buddies :D and I am a girl ;) . I'm game for anything.

Mach_foster
02-27-2004, 05:50 PM
I know the GM at the hooters in O'fallon. Also, my son works at that store. Does not really matter to me where or when just so long it is not raining. Can not drive the beast in the rain.

What about having a meet at Gateway International Raceway on a Wednesday night. Now that sounds more like a good time. I am not sure when the track opens, but I would think that it would be sometime in March.

Or maybe a dyno day in Edwardsville.

Master
02-27-2004, 08:25 PM
Cruise the river road to or from Fast Eddie's over on the IL side or route 94 from St Charles down through Herman wine country. This stang has been in the corral too long.

FstMvr
02-28-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Master
Cruise the river road to or from Fast Eddie's over on the IL side or route 94 from St Charles down through Herman wine country. This stang has been in the corral too long.

Now that would be a cruise! Who many miles are we talking? I'm thinking 30+ for us on the IL side (depending on where we are) to get to the rally point. Any food stops on the way?

jspalmer01
02-28-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by FstMvr
Now that would be a cruise! Who many miles are we talking? I'm thinking 30+ for us on the IL side (depending on where we are) to get to the rally point. Any food stops on the way?

I am open either 13th or 20th, prefer the 12-5 slot. The cruise suggested (not bad at all) to Hermann will be a lot of driving for some of you. I will attend something that is 3-4 hours in duration (max). As a first meeting would like to have more face time with folks than just driving. How about we meet somewhere in the Westport area (centrally located) for most, eat, shoot the s&*t, get to know one another a little, and try a cruise (maybe BBQ) at a park in the summer?? McDonnel Park off Lindbergh is a suggestion. I'm open to ideas. Thanks.

BlackSunshine
03-01-2004, 12:41 PM
I just drove through ST. Charles this past weekend with my Mach. I have a friend that lives up there.....so we cruzed through town....went downtown area with the new Lewis an Clark monument. Then ended the day at Sonic for a quick bit to eat then headed back to NW Indiana.....get weekend for a cruze....weather was awsome!!

Master
03-01-2004, 08:57 PM

We can make this a shorter run if needed say around 60 miles more or less starting at Alton IL, with stops along the way in Grafton IL or over on the ferry to Trailhead Brewing in St Charles MO. Ran over on the IL side Sat , what great back roads they have for Maching.

FstMvr
03-01-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Master
We can make this a shorter run if needed say around 60 miles more or less starting at Alton IL, with stops along the way in Grafton IL or over on the ferry to Trailhead Brewing in St Charles MO. Ran over on the IL side Sat , what great back roads they have Maching.

Its ~100+ miles round trip for us in the E St. Louis/Il area. I'm in for Alton IL, Grafton IL, to St. Charles MO for lunch at the Trailhead Brewing (http://www.trailheadbrewing.com/). Sounds like a solid plan :THUMBSUP: Might even bring the wife if she's nice to me.

Anyone else want to second that? E St. Louis Machs could rally up at a place Fairview Hts (or the like) and and head over to Alton together. Guessing it should take us about 40 minutes to get to St. Charles from Alton....and about the same to get to Alton from Fairview Hgts area.

So about a 1:15 lunch rally at Trailhead on 13 March? Is that too late for anyone?

What would be a good rally point at in Alton?

13th is the target date, with 20 March being the rain date--same time 12-5 ish.

Once I get the thumbs up from several of you I will post this in a new thread and we can get the word out. Looking forward to this!!! If this goes good--we set up some additional events--like a BBQ or a meeting at Gateway during one of their test and tune dates. :CHEERS:

jspalmer01
03-01-2004, 11:41 PM
Its ~100+ miles round trip for us in the E St. Louis/Il area. I'm in for Alton IL, Grafton IL, to St. Charles MO for lunch at the Trailhead Brewing (http://www.trailheadbrewing.com/). Sounds like a solid plan :THUMBSUP: Might even bring the wife if she's nice to me.

Anyone else want to second that? E St. Louis Machs could rally up at a place Fairview Hts (or the like) and and head over to Alton together. Guessing it should take us about 40 minutes to get to St. Charles from Alton....and about the same to get to Alton from Fairview Hgts area.

So about a 1:15 lunch rally at Trailhead on 13 March? Is that too late for anyone?

What would be a good rally point at in Alton?

13th is the target date, with 20 March being the rain date--same time 12-5 ish.

Once I get the thumbs up from several of you I will post this in a new thread and we can get the word out. Looking forward to this!!! If this goes good--we set up some additional events--like a BBQ or a meeting at Gateway during one of their test and tune dates. :CHEERS:

I'll meet you guys at the Trailhead Brewery on Sat, March 13th, at 1:15. Anybody have a suggestion for where we can park together? There is not much parking immediately around Trailhead (I don't think??) and being a Sat it will be very congested in the Old Towne area of St. Charles. Any suggestions from you St. Charles folks? Are there any large municipal lots adjacent to Old Towne? Look forward to our meeting.

Master
03-02-2004, 01:00 AM
Very large parking lot just 1 block east of Trailhead. Parking will not be a problem this time of year.

mommyw/mach
03-02-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
I just drove through ST. Charles this past weekend with my Mach. I have a friend that lives up there.....so we cruzed through town....went downtown area with the new Lewis an Clark monument. Then ended the day at Sonic for a quick bit to eat then headed back to NW Indiana.....get weekend for a cruze....weather was awsome!!

You didn't happen to see about 30 mustangs cruising on 94 that day did ya? Stlmustangs had their cruise on a Sat last weekend.

BlackSunshine
03-03-2004, 11:13 AM
No i didn't see a goup, if i did i would have joined up with it. But i did see a Comp Orange Mach near the Ford dealer in St. Charles though....it was on Sunday mid afternoon. Side note....they have a nice DSG Mach there!

I will try and make it down for one of your next meet-ups....I think i will be heading down there in the begining of May for a Cubs game.....

Just let me know.....

Yellow03mach
03-11-2004, 08:48 PM
Hey if you guys do this the 20th count me in i work til 12:00 and would be leaving from springfield illinois about an hour from hour and a half away i think.If you go the 13th i will hook up next time.

FstMvr
03-11-2004, 09:26 PM
We are going on the 20th now...see the other thread.

IL to St Charles Cruise 13 March

If I can go, I can meet you and Jason on the IL side and we can cruise over to St Charles as a 3 ship.