PDA

View Full Version : I'm in!!

StangRay
08-24-2002, 02:47 PM
I finally plunked my change down for a 2003 Mach 1! This puppy is a Zinc Yellow 5 speed with the interior upgrade option. Ho Ho Ho! It was ordered today 8/24/02.

Most dealers would not take my order until October. I feel really good about the dealer that I ordered from. They put me immediately at a priority 10 and said that it would be the first 2003 mustang through the door. They initially told me they could not take an order because they did not have any info. Thanks to you guys, I walked in with the codes and the rest is history. A great BIG thanks to this forum and the members (of which now I am part of). I paid exactly MSRP just like that which was posted here; right to the penny. They had just gotten their shipment of brochures and were only too happy to give me one as well. I will keep that as a momento.:)

I feel that I really lucked out. As far as I could tell, the dealer may only get one allocation because it is on the smaller side. When I first entered the dealership a couple of days ago, I asked about the Laser Red mustang on the lot. It was an automatic. The Sales guy thought that I was shopping for a Laser Red and told me that the other sales guy just took delivery of their only Laser Red 5 speed Mustang GT. I then started to talk about the Machs. That was two days ago. When I went back in to order my Mach 1, the Laser Red Sales guy asked me if I was the Mach 1 guy. I said yes. At that point I had already signed all of the papers and had a receipt in-hand. Apparently he had not known the information about the Machs before he bought the Laser Red GT (I had given the codes to my sales guy after the other guy had taken delivery of his GT). He now wanted to sell the Laser Red and get an Azure Blue Mach 1, but said he did not know if he would be able to get another allocation in the dealership. The guy could not sit still. He also mentioned that I could probably sell it for 5 - 10 Gs over MSRP when it was delivered. Ha ha... not a chance in hell! This is my sweet sweet baby!

I was really sweating this out, as the dealer had a meeting before I came in to order the Mach 1. My guess is that they had to decide to order it for me, order it for the sales guy, or order one for stock. I feel really good that they picked me. I will continue to do business with them if they continue to look out for me as they have just done. It is hard to find a good dealer these days, as many of you already know. The other dealers were ordering "for-stock" Machs and would not talk to me about an order until after October. This is so they could get MSRP + extra for the in-stock models and only then order Machs for the MSRP price if they were still available. This is bad business if you ask me.

As for the Laser Red GT sales guy, if he can somehow get another Mach 1 allocation, I am sure there will be a nice Laser Red 5 speed GT Mustang on the lot some day. And no, they were not just trying to play with me to get me to buy a Mach 1 because I had already signed on the dotted line and had receipts before the sales guy approached me to tell me his story.

If there are any of you that are lurking on this site and are still waffling about buying a 2003 Mach 1, you better decide soon or you might not get one. You could always take your chances to see if you can get an in-stock one, but my guess is that you will pay through the nose and/or might not get your choice of colors and interior option. Either way, in a few months, there will be 6,500 Mach 1 owners. And I now I know for sure that I will be one of them.

Now comes the waiting...... :CHEERS:

Tomcat427
08-24-2002, 03:51 PM
I signed the paperwork on mine today as well. It was actually ordered on 08/19/02 but I received a call and had to leave the dealership. I did receive my DORA today when I went in to sign.

I live in the Dallas Market where there are plenty of dealerships to order from. I think there are 20 ford dealers within 100 miles. I played the price game and ended up with a deal of $28014. Mine is also the first ordered from the dealership I purchased it from.

I did find dealers asking MSRP++ but the majority were at MSRP.

Congrats on your purchase!!

:D

POLSMACH03
08-24-2002, 03:56 PM
WELCOME guys!!!! Now enjoy the wait with the rest of us. Plenty of good material here to help keep you occupied........

FL Mach 1
08-24-2002, 07:20 PM
Welcome to the club guys. Welcome to the WAIT. It'll all be worth it though.

Mach__1__03
08-26-2002, 04:37 AM
I am sitting here trying to find a way to make every day pass by.. It seems too long to wait for such an amazing looking car... all the things about HP, $$, or any thing else seems like wasted air while I am sitting here waiting... Nothing matters, just the fall, and the day of my first "flight" in the Mach....:o ...:confused: ...:??: ...

02mach1
08-26-2002, 10:40 AM
Welcome too our Registry enjoy it.:cool: