PDA

View Full Version : ? for Dave Schotz & CrissyCobra

Chris A.
02-21-2004, 02:51 PM
I read in a thread a conversation you two had about a hollow 30mm front swaybar that you both seemed to like for SoloII but you didn't mention who made it. I've been searching around and can't seem to find anything matching your description so I was hoping you could point me in the right direction.

I recently tried my hand at some SoloII down in Sierra Vista AZ and now I've got the bug. When I get back from an overseas deployment this summer (two guesses where I'm going) I'm gonna add some things to the Mach for FStock and I'm making my list now. I'm already sold on the Tokico Illumina 5 ways but I can't decide on tires, pads and front swaybar.

My mach is a daily driver and I don't have the means to deal with an extra wheel/tire set just for racing.

As far as pads I've seen plenty of recomendations for EBC green stuff but the ceramic red stuff pads seem like they would be better for a daily driver/weekend warrior.

Any help you two could give me would be great so maybe I can crawl up out of Novice

DJS 95 CBR R
02-24-2004, 01:23 PM
Hi Chris! The 30mm Sway Bar is a '95 Ford Mustang GT Front Bar. You can get it from any dealer... or online at GEF Racing.com

The Tokico 5 ways are a good shock... I have ran them on my car... for Auto-X you will want the Front set at 3 (and 4 if you get great grip). The Rear you want set at 4 (unless it is wet... then 3).

I run Carbotech Brake Pads... but they aren't great for Street use... I have heard good things of the EBC Greens for Street & Strip... but honestly the stock pads do fine also!

The other sway bar you may want to play with is the Steeda 35mm.

Hope this helps!

Dave

Chris A.
02-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Any ideas for some dual use tires? I could handle it if a set only lasted say a year to a year and a half.

DJS 95 CBR R
02-24-2004, 04:52 PM
Chris... this is the most important suggestion... you have GOT TO GET another set of wheels & tires!!! Before you buy ANYTHING ELSE!!

This will be the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT improvement you can add!!!

Just a set of take off '99 GT wheels (any Stock 17 X 8 you can find)... they are all the same... and can be had for less than $300!!!

There is a set w/ Victoracers on www.sccaforums.com right now... for like $650... I would offer him $500 personally (I think 650 is to much)....

But... this will be far cheaper for you in the end... then wearing through your street/race tires... every 6mos to a year.

Whearas if you had a dedicated race set... you would get a year out of them... as well as 2 years out of your street tires.

Hope this helps!

Dave

Chris A.
02-24-2004, 05:18 PM
Thanks Dave,,,