PDA

View Full Version : Need help fast.

shadowmaker
06-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Ok 200+ posts about a window motor and not one of them shows you HOW to change the friggin thing.

I got the door panel off, I got the 3 bolts out of the motor, NOW WHAT?!?!?! :confused: I knew the door panel being the easiest one to remove in the history of cars was too good to be true. So do I have to remove the WHOLE friggin window regulator? :wall::wall::wall:

No videos on you tube. Anybody got step by step or pics?

b3warnick
06-03-2013, 08:42 PM
I found this - don't know if it'll help any, but.... good luck

Instructions
Remove the Mustang's inner door handle bezel with the trim tool. Pry the window switch out of the door panel with the trim tool. Disconnect the wiring harness from the window switch by hand.

Remove the screws from the door panel with the Phillips screwdriver. Lift the door panel up and off the door by hand, guiding the inner door handle through the hole in the panel as you do so. Set the door panel off to the side.

Push the Mustang's window to the top of the window channel. Push the window wedge or rubber door stop between the glass and the window wipe to hold the glass at the top of the channel so it cannot fall down. You can purchase a window wedge at most auto-parts retailers or through professional tool vendors or simply substitute a low-profile rubber door stop.

Unplug the body harness from the window motor manually. Remove the retaining bolts from the window motor that hold it to the door and window regulator. Remove the window motor from the door by hand

shadowmaker
06-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Thanks but I had done all that. The one video I found, which was 3 parts, 8 mins long, when it got to the part about pulling it out.....it paused and the guy said he spared us the fight of him getting the regulator out. :headbang: He pulled the whole thing.

Anyways, about the time I was about to pull the whole door off, throw it in the yard, hook it to the truck and drag it down the road.....the window motor just fell out. :wow: I was like what the ....after that it was just cut 2 wires, connect 2 new wires, slid the motor back in, 3 bolts and .......WOOO HOOO the window worked. :yes:

not a gt
06-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Thanks but I had done all that. The one video I found, which was 3 parts, 8 mins long, when it got to the part about pulling it out.....it paused and the guy said he spared us the fight of him getting the regulator out. He pulled the whole thing.

Anyways, about the time I was about to pull the whole door off, throw it in the yard, hook it to the truck and drag it down the road.....the window motor just fell out. :wow: I was like what the ....after that it was just cut 2 wires, connect 2 new wires, slid the motor back in, 3 bolts and .......WOOO HOOO the window worked. :yes:

Awesome,:thumbsup:, loved your commentary, and the great use of the faces in there:yes:, I planned on changing my door speakers and this actually helped on removing the door panel (drivers side speaker is trash, actually have it faded to the back), anyway, glad you got it working, now don't roll it all the way up. For the past 3 years I have had the "window won't roll down issue", then 2 months later, decides it will lower, well after reading post here, I always leave just a crack at the top and now window works ALL the time :cool:

b3warnick
06-03-2013, 10:32 PM
the window motor just fell out

Crazy how that sorta sh-- happens. :crazy: Glad it worked out for ya!

shadowmaker
06-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Awesome,:thumbsup:, loved your commentary, and the great use of the faces in there:yes:, I planned on changing my door speakers and this actually helped on removing the door panel (drivers side speaker is trash, actually have it faded to the back), anyway, glad you got it working, now don't roll it all the way up. For the past 3 years I have had the "window won't roll down issue", then 2 months later, decides it will lower, well after reading post here, I always leave just a crack at the top and now window works ALL the time :cool:

The door panel is stupid easy to get off. The only part you need to be careful on is the door lock/window panel. Theres a clip at the top that can break if you re not careful, then pull up and its off. Actual videos on youtube if you havent done it before. Think it took all of 3 mins to have it off.

Crazy how that sorta sh-- happens. :crazy: Glad it worked out for ya!

I shouldve took pics and posted them up. But I had been back in the house 3 times trying to remain calm. Pics and a write up were the last thing on my mind.

It was crazy though, I was just sitting there looking at the door and shaking my head, thinking I should just put it back to together before I tear up something and it just fell out. :santa: