PDA

View Full Version : 01 cobra

asmith04
06-03-2013, 08:28 AM
I have found an 01 cobra with 86,000 miles convertible Kelly BB has it valued about 6k higher than NADA which value is more accurate? It has new clutch and top what would be a good price on this?

4valve 4tw?
06-03-2013, 02:59 PM
All book values are worthless. I dunno who came up with the idea that a couple of guys at a round table decide the value of a car, but they don't. Usually the book value is fairly accurate on your average econo mobile, but anything of rarity, uniqueness, anything with a cult following, etc. forget it.

The only way to know how much a car is worth, is by how much they are selling for near you. Get on cars.com or autotrader.com and search within 200 miles of you. If this car is for sale for $2k more then most others, then it's too much. $2k under, by it tomorrow.

Another little tid bit that book value won't tell you, specifically about the cobras: A guy just agreed to buy my one car this week, so I'm casually looking at Mach's, GTO's, and 01 cobras, coupes specifically. I dunno if you noticed the same, but anytime I search for 01 cobras, there's always about 4 times as many verts for sale as there are hardtops. Also, the hardtops tend to sell quicker, and go for just as much if not more then an identical mileage vert, counter-intuitive to common sense. I guess the "Sunday funday" verts just arn't as desirable as the lighter coupes. This seems to apply to all cobra's, but mostly just 99/01/03/04's. I know of a 99 cobra for sale near me that's an incredible value but A) it's a convertible and B) it's a 99. Otherwise I might be looking at it this weekend.

4valve 4tw?
06-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Just checked and right now, according to two sights, there are 4 01 verts for sale near me with 8xxxx miles, all between 11900 and 12900. Hope that helps.

asmith04
06-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the good reply, I'm about to do the cars.com search but the one I am looking at is below your low listed price. I may just add a cobra to the collection tomorrow