PDA

View Full Version : F150 v Camaro SS (cornering) driver mod

vadermach
05-21-2013, 09:11 PM
So coming home from work today in my F150 eco boost and with the all important driver mod I easily out cornered a new camaro SS to the tune of about 5 car lengths on a single 360 degree turn on ramp. Man does the truck have some body roll. On the exit I let him catch up and he proceeded with a ricer pass for the win. Of course with a decent driver I'm sure the camaro would easily outperform the truck.

The eco boost has some potential with the turbos. In a lighter weight vehicle say the new mustang it could be quite the performer. It is very quiet though which I appreciate on long trips.

Its been raining here everyday so I'm having mach withdraw symptoms.

SpeedofSoundN2O
05-24-2013, 12:49 AM
The ecoboost will definitely surprise some people without a doubt and with the right mods, it will perform pretty impressive. Mine is a 2012 F150 with a few bolt ons and Livernois stage 2 tune. On 93 octane this baby puts down some big numbers and runs high 12's all day long. I have surprised many people who have pulled up next to her and left them with a jaw dropping look on their face thinking to themselves, WTF??!!
No of course it isn't a rocket ship or no way near as fast as my Shelby, but it is fast enough to freak people out from light to light. :CHEERS:

Fenixfire
05-24-2013, 10:33 PM
I want one of the new explorer sports with this motor stuffed in it. :)

vadermach
05-29-2013, 04:28 PM
I was pretty surprised by the power of this engine. I drove the 5.0L and the eco and the eco had by far more power and torque. I went with an FX4 and love the quiet power along with the trucks pure functionality. If I want loud I jump in the mach for V8 rwd fun. With over 300 hp and 420 lbs/ft a tuned version for the next gen mustang might not be so bad, and is certain to be pretty quick if they can keep the weight down.