PDA

View Full Version : Pass Time - AB Mach 1

Big Ron
05-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Just happened to catch a portion of the tv show Pass Time on Speed Channel this morning. They had an 03 AB Mach 1 running in a combo round with an LT1 Camaro. Stock except for exhaust. Driver's name was Andrew. They were at Firebird Raceway in Arizona. Didn't register a time and they said "he blew the differential". Anybody? Rest of the story?

Big Ron :cool:

Bill Hamilton
05-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Just happened to catch a portion of the tv show Pass Time on Speed Channel this morning. They had an 03 AB Mach 1 running in a combo round with an LT1 Camaro. Stock except for exhaust. Driver's name was Andrew. They were at Firebird Raceway in Arizona. Didn't register a time and they said "he blew the differential". Anybody? Rest of the story?

Yeah, that was a rerun. Here's a thread from when it posted the first time: http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79465&highlight=Pass+Time+Speed+Channel

It's amazing some of the slow times some cars run and the fast times others do. It's a fun show to armchair quarterback and try and pick times. ;)

4valve 4tw?
05-07-2013, 09:18 PM
I try(usually in vein) to avoid watching it. Awesome idea, and not sure how it didn't get the ratings for consistently new shows, but it's questionable at best. I gave up trying to guess when a guy in a c5 z06 rolled up and said he had "basic bolt ons" or something like that. Then he proceeds to bog of the line, backfire somethin stupid, and you could hear the turbos spool up. It was twin turbo and ran like mid 12's at probably 140+mph.

I guess people just sign up, and run when they hit their town. Some don't even pop the hood while they are getting asked questions. Excellent idea, poor execution.

MAD_MACh1
05-08-2013, 05:58 AM
One of my favorite shows. Mostly so I can turn up the volume and listen to the cars. As far the cars and drivers go it's pretty much like real life around here. You have the guys that throw tons of money at a car but don't end up with a good combo. Then you have guys that tune every last 0.001 out of the basic stuff, and know how to drive it.

My biggest complaint is the "how much horse power" question. I wish they wouldn't let them ask it.

Big Ron
05-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Yeah, that was a rerun. Here's a thread from when it posted the first time: http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79465&highlight=Pass+Time+Speed+Channel

It's amazing some of the slow times some cars run and the fast times others do. It's a fun show to armchair quarterback and try and pick times. ;)

Thanks Bill. i did do a search but nothing came up.

I think if you guessed "high" you'd come out ahead on the running times with all the missed shifts.