PDA

View Full Version : Under Hood Insulation ???

02-19-2004, 05:04 PM
I know you guy's detail your motor every time you wash your car like i do.My point is im very very picky like i know we all are attention to detail ya know.One thing that i hate is the insulation under the hood it's NASTY!!
Can i paint this? Or is there some kind of cleaner for that?
What i'd like to get rid of it all together but im worried about the paint fading.:concerned

04BlackMach
02-19-2004, 06:34 PM
If it were me, I'd go out and buy brand new from Ford. I don't think it's that expensive. Like around $65

Sapperstang
02-19-2004, 08:54 PM
Not sure about the Mach but I have always taken it off on my previous cars. The plastic that seals the shaker might not make taking it off possible. How do you get it so dirty? When you wash the car hose off the hoodliner.

02-20-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Sapperstang
Not sure about the Mach but I have always taken it off on my previous cars. The plastic that seals the shaker might not make taking it off possible. How do you get it so dirty? When you wash the car hose off the hoodliner. I don't know i keep my car in top condition.And no way i don't put any water on the motor or hoodliner.I just use a damp rag (not wet) to detail the motor.
If it's $60 or so i'll just buy a new one.

GaPonyFarm
02-22-2004, 04:07 PM
You can also just use some dye on it... It gets rid of that white "ring" around the opening.

02-23-2004, 03:16 PM
How would i apply that?:SMASH:

Totoland Mach
02-23-2004, 04:27 PM
Hey 007: I used Kiwi black shoe dye (not shoe polish) and used the little sponge dauber to apply it. It's not messy, but it is a time consuming chore (couple of hours). One bottle will do the job and it maintains the new black appearance for several months.

I can't remember which member gave me that idea, but it works.

See Ya