PDA

View Full Version : News of the 50th Ann. of the Mustang.

24kmach
04-27-2013, 11:25 PM
The Mustang 50th Anniversary Celebration

@ Charlotte Motor Speedway

2014 Schedule of Events

• Wednesday, April 16th – This day will be the first official day of the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration. Vendors will be ready to sell. We will encourage the Pony Drives to plan a late morning or early afternoon arrival and provide them with a place that they can all gather before going their separate ways. We will encourage all vendors to be open for business as there will be enthusiasts arriving by the hour.

• Thursday, April 17th – As April 17th, 1964 is accepted as the birthday of the Ford Mustang, this will be the actual 50th birthday of the Mustang! We will have the Opening Ceremonies followed by a host of activities that are still to be planned. At some point during the day, we will have a birthday party, complete with birthday cake and the singing of Happy Birthday to the Mustang. Various clubs will have activities that they are responsible for including Pony Trails around the local areas and other Mustang related events. Today, this schedule is incomplete but the emphasis will be on the celebration of the Mustang’s 50th birthday. Possible on track activities, parade laps and other driving activities will also be happening.

• Friday, April 18th – The event will be in full swing. There will be track events such as road racing, drag racing and parade laps. Other activities will be detailed in forth coming press releases. There will be displays of Mustangs and by Mustang groups, vendors to buy parts, cars, shirts from and many other things to keep Mustang enthusiasts happy and entertained. Friday evening, we will have a themed dinner with some form of entertainment as yet to be determined.

• Saturday, April 19th – More of the same format as on Friday. Saturday evening we will have the Saturday Night Banquet. This will be the big social event of the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration and will include guest speakers and entertainment, as yet to be determined.

• Sunday, April 20th – Sunday will be the last day of the event but there will be scheduled activities that will be presented later. First thing Sunday morning there will be Easter Sunrise Services held at both tracks. The Reverend Michael Finn of Columbus, Georgia will conduct the service in Charlotte. Michael has officiated at Anniversary events for many years and we welcome him back. We are still seeking someone to conduct the services at Las Vegas but ample time remains for this. In the afternoon, we will have the Closing Ceremonies.

muzman
04-29-2013, 05:40 AM
Russ, there are about 40 of us Kiwis heading there, hope to meet up with some of you good old boys. Jeff.

devous1
04-29-2013, 07:13 AM
We were just down there a few weeks ago. I don't think they could pick a better place for it.

weaver
04-29-2013, 09:31 AM
I'll be there :D

24kmach
04-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Russ, there are about 40 of us Kiwis heading there, hope to meet up with some of you good old boys. Jeff.

Jeff, hopefully Dave will have a dinner get together like the 45th for us to meet. The first drink is on me my friend. :thumbsup:

24kmach
04-29-2013, 01:34 PM
We were just down there a few weeks ago. I don't think they could pick a better place for it.

Where did you stay and how close to the track was it?

24kmach
04-29-2013, 01:35 PM
I'll be there :D

We need your help Mr. Weaver. :hoppy:

Fenixfire
04-29-2013, 09:03 PM
And I imagine that they will also unveil the new mustang?? Dont know squat about what it looks like except magazine speculations and renderings. Only thing confirmed is a 2.3L ecoboost motor.

muzman
04-30-2013, 08:09 AM
Jeff, hopefully Dave will have a dinner get together like the 45th for us to meet. The first drink is on me my friend. :thumbsup:

Sounds like a plan mate.

FL Mach 1
05-01-2013, 06:22 PM
We are going to make the trip up. Hope to meet some new folks and catch up with those we met at the 45th

bluoval
05-04-2013, 08:21 AM
I'm also curious to know when the reveal will be - my guess is on April 17th, but I want more details!