PDA

View Full Version : What is this Computer Module by Jet?

Smith
04-24-2013, 09:44 AM
Okay, I see this Jet 70411 Computer Module on ebay for the 04 Mach 1. It sells for $247.46. Says it just plugs in externally to the computer and will add up to 30 HP, better acceleration and gas mileage. Is this a hype? Does something like this really tune the motor for increased HP?? I'm running stock, only change I've made is a K&N filter.

mikeracing
04-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Dose basicly the same thing as a hand held tuner I don't think you would get 30 HP

DSG2003Mach1
04-24-2013, 09:53 AM
its like an sct or diablo handheld but crappier all the way around

if you wanna tune your car get a hand held imho

and 30hp? not a ****ing chance...the diablo and sct out of the box tunes added like 3hp for me, a dyno tune netted 10+ (been a good few years, dont remember exact numbers) with intake and exhaust mods

Keith.red.mach1
04-24-2013, 10:06 AM
I agree with above Jet has a bad reputation as being a cheap alternative, I went chip when I first got the car....then they stopped supporting the chip. Then I got handheld and its been great. Also the handheld is a code reader for your car and other cars as well.

Smith
04-24-2013, 04:12 PM
Thanks everone. I was thinking about the handheld tuner from AM. Is it worth it for a stock Mach 1??

Keith.red.mach1
04-24-2013, 04:15 PM
For a stock Mach 1, the increase would be minimal, but any changes to the intake or exhaust you will see the benefit. From what I have read the factory tune is rich so the benefit would be from leaning it out to an optimal range.

You can order a tuner with a tune for a stock Mach and get another tune for a cold air and exhaust for later. Most include 2-3 tunes with the purchase.