PDA

View Full Version : GM, Ford to collaborate on new transmissions

04comporgmach1
04-15-2013, 09:00 AM
Here is something to get you talking..... GM and Ford to develope 9 & 10 speed automatic transmissions together. My thoughts is it was only a matter of time before they colaberated on something.

4valve 4tw?
04-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Heard about this a bit ago. No biggie honestly. Once you get past the BLEEDING FORD BLUE/CHEVY LIKE A ROCK jazz, it comes down to business, and at a world level now. Happens pretty frequently. The 1.8, 2.0, and 2.4 that powered dozens upon dozens of cars until the recent batch of tiny, turbo 4's was a group effort between Mercedes/Chrysler group, Hyundai, and Mitsubishi.

If you think GM/Ford is quirky, there were reports years ago, and now recently, that Nissan wanted the 370z to be more of a corvette competition. Their solution is, and it's still speculation, to get some hand-me-down AMG v8's from Mercedes for the next gen Z car. I feel like there's some truth to it to, as Nissan already has a 5.6 v8 in the trucks, and infinite M sedans, so it would be a really dumb rumour unless there's some truth behind it.

ryanscobra
04-16-2013, 01:20 PM
I don't mind them working together on something like that, as long as they don't do what toyota/subaru/scion did with there car(s).

Tommy Z
04-16-2013, 01:51 PM
I don't mind them working together on something like that, as long as they don't do what toyota/subaru/scion did with there car(s).

Which was....? (Sorry for quick hijack)

Something about a microwave with wifi and Tapatalk.

old school
04-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Yeah, they are letting GM develop Reverse !!:idea:

ryanscobra
04-16-2013, 05:35 PM
Which was....? (Sorry for quick hijack)

Something about a microwave with wifi and Tapatalk.

The Toyata GT86/Subaru BRZ/Scion FRS are practically the same car. Toyota worked with Subaru on making the car and ended selling them as their own. That would be like Chevy and Cadillac making a car with Ford and each of them claiming it as their own.

4valve 4tw?
04-17-2013, 08:06 AM
The Toyata GT86/Subaru BRZ/Scion FRS are practically the same car. Toyota worked with Subaru on making the car and ended selling them as their own. That would be like Chevy and Cadillac making a car with Ford and each of them claiming it as their own.

Hey, that was the deal both parties agreed to. From what I. understand Toyota's main contribution was direct injection, so Subaru easily could have made it on their own. That kinda car was missing from both companies line up, so they both had a use for selling it. Subaru because it needed a non-awd car, Toyota(overseas) because it was lacking anything exciting and there is still an ae-86 fan base, and Scion because lets be real, people were catching on they weren't exactly sporty by any means.

From what I read, suspension differences truly make the cars different animals on the track at least.

muzman
04-23-2013, 06:48 AM
Yeah, they are letting GM develop Reverse !!:idea:

Funny!