PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Chicago Area

aislinger
02-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Hello All,

I just wanted to give a shout out to all the Chicagoland machs. I'm in the military (US Air Force) and looking to relocate to that area. Can anyone give me the skinny on what to do, what to see, where to stay away from, etc. I'm married with children and we're looking to move into the Aurora area. Is that a nice area for families? I appreciate any/all the information you guys and gals and provide.

Peace,

Mark

P.S., My wife and I dig car shows, swap meets, rod runs, etc...and look forward to meeting some of you there. Again, thanks for the information.

rcode99
02-18-2004, 11:53 AM
Since you are mentioning a specific area, Aurora, I assume you've been around here before. There are a few Mach owners on the site who live near there. I'm about a half hour away. Aurora does have some really nice areas as well as some really bad areas. There are other towns nearby that are also very nice; St. Charles, Geneva, Batavia to name a few. And you are only about an an hour from Chicago. Lots of cars shows in the area. Some local shows run most of the year. You can log on to msutv.com and get some info on some of the Chigoland and suburban car shows.

But back to the Aurora area, Kane County is basically a very desireable area. I'm still in the ILANG. Are you relocating as civilian or military?

aislinger
02-18-2004, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the info about Aurora. Niether my wife nor I have ever been. We've heard the Aurora area was desirable, so started looking in that location. I have a great uncle who lives downtown Chicago, but haven't been to that neck of the woods in 20 years or so. I'm still active duty and hope to be relocating as a recruiter. We're specifically looking at the Batavia/West Side Aurora area.

rcode99
02-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Good luck in your search. I wouldn't living in that area - or even farther out - myself.

Borlagonewild
02-18-2004, 03:57 PM
Well first off thanks for serving your country and secondly you will see no mach1's around the chicagoland area i have a black mach and i have yet to see one hangen around. I would be glad to take you to union grove it would probally be an hour from aurara great place to drag race and see other fat cars. By the way i live in lake forest

MACH & ROLL
02-18-2004, 04:06 PM
Alot of Mach 1's in this area are not driven in winter. Come spring we will have to get together. Welcome to the area.

mach1grrl
02-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Hello! I actually live on the south side of Naperville, right near the Naperville/Aurora border. It is a nice area to live in. But wait...this means my mach won't be the only one on the street in this area...lol. Well it would be fun though to see another mach on the street. Mine is a daily driver, so it is always on the road! Good luck!

aislinger
02-20-2004, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the great responses thus far. I really appreciate all the information. It's also good to hear that some of you, like mach1grrl, drive your mach's daily. Sorry, mach1grrl, guess you'll have to share the road...ha! I heard the Naperville area was really nice too. As a matter of fact, it's one of Money Magazine's top cities to live in the mid-west. I'll keep in touch and posted on the move as it gets closer. Again, thanks for everyone's assistance.

Peace,

Mark

mach1grrl
02-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Yeah I would definitely check out Naperville as well! Good luck in the house hunt!

2003_shaker
02-20-2004, 05:00 PM
I'm out in New Lenox, which I think is a pretty nice area, too. It's between Mokena and Joliet.

If you end up anywhere in the Southwest, make sure you take your car to Rod Baker Ford in Plainfield (just west of I-55 on U.S. 30. They're an FRPP and Roush dealer and they've been a joy to deal with.

rcode99
02-22-2004, 04:58 PM
WHat's an FRPP dealer?

2003_shaker
02-22-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by rcode99
WHat's an FRPP dealer?

Ford Racing Performance Parts. They even gave me a catalog when we went in to buy the car. Very cool. . .

aislinger
02-23-2004, 11:17 AM
Thanks shaker for the information about Rod Baker Ford dealership. I was hoping to find another good dealership. My dealership here in Georgia is also FRPP and great to deal with...Cook County Ford, Adel Georgia...superb facility and excellent customer service!

aislinger
02-23-2004, 11:19 AM
Thanks shaker for the information about Rod Baker Ford dealership. I was hoping to find another good dealership. My dealership here in Georgia is also FRPP and great to deal with...Cook County Ford, Adel Georgia...superb facility and excellent customer service! My wife and I have also looked at the New Lenox area, as well as, Joliet and Mokena. Thanks for the referral. It's nice to know we're actually looking in the right direction.

Peace,

Mark

dts mach
03-07-2004, 02:23 PM
I live in glendale hts, about 15 or 20 miles north of aurora. the south side of aurora is the bad side, my friend lived there for a while. there are new nice areas there though. catch you on the road..... dts mach

Grif054
03-17-2004, 02:50 AM
Welcome aislinger. I live in Downers Grove (thats about 20 minutes away from Aurora or so). Like everyone says, there are good parts and bad parts to Aurora. But for the most part they are doing a lot of building so its turning out pretty nice. As far as Black Machs Borlagonewild, now there are 2 so watch out! Maybe we can all get together when the weather breaks, there is some great drag racing in Joliet as well (at the track of course).

2003_shaker
03-17-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Grif054
Welcome aislinger. I live in Downers Grove (thats about 20 minutes away from Aurora or so). Like everyone says, there are good parts and bad parts to Aurora. But for the most part they are doing a lot of building so its turning out pretty nice. As far as Black Machs Borlagonewild, now there are 2 so watch out! Maybe we can all get together when the weather breaks, there is some great drag racing in Joliet as well (at the track of course).

If you guys are coming out this way, let me know! I live ten minutes from the track!! If you want to do a group outing, we could combine it with a meet at the local "car hangout" in New Lenox.

MACH & ROLL
03-17-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by 2003_shaker
If you guys are coming out this way, let me know! I live ten minutes from the track!! If you want to do a group outing, we could combine it with a meet at the local "car hangout" in New Lenox.

I'd be in for a "route 66" track outing!!

BADNBLUE
04-20-2004, 09:34 PM
Yea lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!:gears:

2003_shaker
04-20-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by BADNBLUE
Yea lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!:gears:

You guys up for a Tuesday Test & Tune? The next time I can do it would be May 4. Or we can do a get-together here in New Lenox. . .

BADNBLUE
04-21-2004, 08:57 PM
Id be up for that provided I get off work early enough. Do they still do sundays in newlenox?

2003_shaker
04-22-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by BADNBLUE
Id be up for that provided I get off work early enough. Do they still do sundays in newlenox?

Cool.

Yeah, they still do the Sunday car show in New Lenox (in the lot near the Ace Hardware on Rt. 30). I've thought for a while it would be cool to show up there with a bunch of Mach 1's.

It'd be a good spot for a bunch of us to meet and introduce ourselves. I think that get's started around Memorial Day. . .

BADNBLUE
04-22-2004, 08:11 PM
yea thad be cool!