PDA

View Full Version : oups! just did something wrong!

musman
11-20-2002, 08:05 PM
My question may not be directly related to mach1, but in a way it is....Has i was buffing the trunk of my actual ride(88 LX coupe)to make it more appealing for whoever is going to be interested to buy it in the spring when the Mach comes in.Here's my problem: I stayed too long buffing on the same spot and went right through the clearcoat but didn't affect the paint itself....Anybody knows if this is fixable without having to repaint the entire trunk.(just had it done 1 month ago darn...:!!: )Thanks

killer55
11-20-2002, 08:39 PM
It should be repairable by a qualified refinisher. If the Base Coat was not effected then it could be prepaired as you were doing a blend and just re-clear the entire panel.
By doing it this way it should not change the color match.

34Ford
11-20-2002, 08:49 PM
Wet-sand it, tape 'er up, and re-clear it.

It will look fine.

TIme to go watch Victoria Secrets:THUMBSUP:

Dennis

socalmach1
11-20-2002, 09:08 PM
:OFFTOPIC: :OFFTOPIC: :OFFTOPIC: :OFFTOPIC: :OFFTOPIC:

killer55
11-20-2002, 11:33 PM
and "WHO" are you The TOPIC POLICE:Flame: :Flame:

69mach03
11-21-2002, 04:34 PM
:eek: OMG :eek:

:rolleyes:

musman
11-21-2002, 08:24 PM
Thanks to those who could answer with tips on how to repair it , and to those other ones like socalmach1 who could only give me that stupid :OFFTOPIC: tip of his, well get a life!! Oh by the way socalmach1 your" Mustang nut"logo if kind of :OFFTOPIC: too! Oups! did i say something bad!

9846LGT
12-03-2002, 05:10 PM
musman. If you don't feel like you can do the sanding and respraying of the clear coat yourself you might want to try this.Go to any dealer and talk to the used car manager.Find out who they use to touch up thier cars.Most car lots have someone that comes to the lot and does the work right there.Often outside if it isn't to big of a job.My wife's Z3 got scratched by a car door a while back. The body shops wanted too much for such a small job,I thought.So thats what I did and the guy did a great job and didn't charge me an arm and leg.Hope this helps.