PDA

View Full Version : Tach9-twisties again?

machwal
02-15-2004, 02:59 PM
Tach9 and group. I've been reading your posts and am DYING to go with. I usually work sat but will trade or call out or whatever it takes. (Burn the building?) I'm a bit far but would awake at 4 am to join a mach 1 caravan.
Keep posting here, and I'll c-ya'll soon.

I've toured this thing to portland once and chico twice . . . what's a little jaunt to the south bay?

Waiting impatiently.:HOPPY:

tach9
02-16-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by machwal
Tach9 and group. I've been reading your posts and am DYING to go with. I usually work sat but will trade or call out or whatever it takes. (Burn the building?) I'm a bit far but would awake at 4 am to join a mach 1 caravan.
Keep posting here, and I'll c-ya'll soon.

I've toured this thing to portland once and chico twice . . . what's a little jaunt to the south bay?

Waiting impatiently.:HOPPY:

Hey Machwal...dang!!! I just saw your post right now!!! Today Feb 15th I held a Driving Clinic and we all went for the "drive" that some of the West Coast Mach 1 members have been positing about!! The Mach 1 group came from as far away as Vacavile so if you're up in Navato..you'll both be doing some driving to get to the launch site..but it will be well worth it..Just ask 351 c.i.d. or tim2003mach1, or valvetubehead or erikf.

We had a Turbo Porsche 993, Ferrari Mondial, Porsche Boxster, Miatas, Infinity G-35's, S-2000, Alfa Romero, BMW M5. Toyota Echo and Mercedes SL500 etc. and of course...(4) Mach 1's and a DSG GT!!!!! In all there were 20 participants and we all had a blast!!! Sorry you missed out on that one..it truely was a very fun day!!!

It began with a lecture/classroom where I discussed the importance of "vison" being able to open your vision and look through the turns to look ahead to "slow" the perception of speed down etc. then we all went for a 100 plus mile ride...1200 turn drive to practive what was taught in the lecture. It was really kewl..all except the major accident today on south Hiway 1...basically closed the Southern direction of Hiway ...so we altered our usual route for some other back roads, but it still was very fun!!! We beat the rain too!!!

The next Driving Clinic is on March 21rst. Check it out at: www.docwong.com Directions on how to get to the Physicialn's Plus Clinic in Redwood city are on the site.

Otherwise I have been taking a bunch of us Mach 1 nuts through the loop..almost every weekend. I am up to going any weekend, except March 6th...so if you would like to participate, just let me know when you'd like to and I'm sure we could get something going. I know 351 c.i.d. is here until the end of February...so I'm pretty sure he'd be interested in a drive through the loop again!! Le me know!! Be happy to do the loop anytime!! Actually if we start early enough, we could end the loop and all get together for dinner afterwards some place too!!!:COOL:

tim2003mach1
02-16-2004, 04:52 PM
Hey Aaron

You mean it isn't already planned?

I've been working with Peggy and her "looking" technique. Hopefully, she'll do better next time. If not, we'll just have to wait for her. I think she felt a little out of her league with all the super cars there.

How about next weekend? There's a Ford show and cruise in Dublin being set up by the West Coast Fords, but I'd be willing to skip that.

By the way, I'm putting the shocks and struts on today. When it stops raining, I'll go out and work on the settings. I was thinking about starting at 4/3. What do you think?

Tim

tach9
02-17-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by tim2003mach1
Hey Aaron

You mean it isn't already planned?

I've been working with Peggy and her "looking" technique. Hopefully, she'll do better next time. If not, we'll just have to wait for her. I think she felt a little out of her league with all the super cars there.

How about next weekend? There's a Ford show and cruise in Dublin being set up by the West Coast Fords, but I'd be willing to skip that.

By the way, I'm putting the shocks and struts on today. When it stops raining, I'll go out and work on the settings. I was thinking about starting at 4/3. What do you think?

Tim

Hey Tim, Sorry for the late response, just got back from Maximum Motorsports in San Luis Obispo!!

Anyways I'll work with Peggy no problem... I like to teach and she'll do just fine..she just has a bit of the newbie jitters..I'm sure she'll do great!!! I am up anytime for the loop etc..so if you want to plan for this weekend for sure..Kewl!!! let me know!!!

As for the settings, try 3 front and 2 rear first to see how you like them...drive around a lot. You might find that with the softer mach 1 springs you'll need to increase the settings to 4 front and 3 rear...

Good luck you're Mach should handle a whole lot better now!!!

tim2003mach1
02-17-2004, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the info Aaron. How was Maximum Motorsports? Get some good info?
I got the shocks and struts on yesterday with no problems. Right now I'm set at 4/3 and drove around a little last night. Didn't feel too harsh and it did swerve flatter. I'll drop them to to 3/2 when it stops raining and try it out. If nothing else, I'll carry a small screwdriver with me. I'm curious what it'll do on the twisties.
Speaking of that, how about Sunday? I'd be up for leaving the meeting place around 9:00.
I've also got somebody at work that is interested in the class next month. He's got a 350Z that is pretty much stock. I'm going to talk to another guy later and see if he's interested. He's got a 96 Vette that has he has done alot of work to, suspension and engine.
Let me know about the day.
Tim

tach9
02-17-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by tim2003mach1
Thanks for the info Aaron. How was Maximum Motorsports? Get some good info?
I got the shocks and struts on yesterday with no problems. Right now I'm set at 4/3 and drove around a little last night. Didn't feel too harsh and it did swerve flatter. I'll drop them to to 3/2 when it stops raining and try it out. If nothing else, I'll carry a small screwdriver with me. I'm curious what it'll do on the twisties.
Speaking of that, how about Sunday? I'd be up for leaving the meeting place around 9:00.
I've also got somebody at work that is interested in the class next month. He's got a 350Z that is pretty much stock. I'm going to talk to another guy later and see if he's interested. He's got a 96 Vette that has he has done alot of work to, suspension and engine.
Let me know about the day.
Tim

Hey Tim, MM was kewl..check out my review of the place on the Mod section performance exhausts etc.

Glad ya got the struts/shocks in..have fun with them. Thrash them a bit after about 50 to 100 miles of break in...then drive em' hard to see where you like em'....

As for taking a drive Sunday..sounds good to me!!!! 9:00AM works. As for bringing others to the clinic kewl!!! The more the merrier!!! let's pass the word and maybe we can get the usual suspects out for the drive!!!

tim2003mach1
02-17-2004, 10:11 PM
OK Aaron
Let's make it 9:00 Sunday. The Corvette guy (Gary) may come. I'll post a new thread about it and see if we can get any others.