PDA

View Full Version : AB Project Car

devous1
11-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Months ago I purchased a rough non running 03 auto AB Mach. My plan for the car was to swap parts off my low mileage TR onto the AB, get it repainted and give it to my daughter. Well I found a real nice DSG for her and now I'm on the fence with this car. I'm not sure if I want to continue on with it, sell it, part it out etc.

Here is what I have, a nice shell and interior. The body is stripped down, front end off, suspension off, drivetrain out rear bumper cover off, tank off. The car is currently on a rotisserie so I can blast the rust off the bottom and coat it with POR15. I have everything to put the car back together except the front and rear bumper covers. I have 2 motors for it, the non running one that came in it 65k looks like it had a valve train issue but turns freely. I also have the one out of my TR auto, it has bassani mids on it, Orange Blast PP intake and a few other items. It is in excellent condition with 24k on it.

I have tons of after market parts and the rearend is being rebuilt at CRT as we speek. I would have to dig out all the stuff I have.

If anyone is interested in taking a look let me know, sale trade etc.

adbanks
11-19-2012, 08:14 PM
I have a 04 mach that just blew up on me so i would be very intrested in a motor so please let me know asap

devous1
11-19-2012, 08:22 PM
I saw your posting and I'll keep ya in mind. I probably wouldn't let it go unless I get rid of the car first. You could always shoot me an offer.

adbanks
11-19-2012, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=devous1;1520813]I saw your posting and I'll keep ya in mind. I probably wouldn't let it go unless I get rid of the car first. You could always shoot me an offer.[/QUOte

Im just really in a bind and whats the lowest you could take for the motor?

devous1
11-20-2012, 02:23 PM
I'll start a list of items that I am willing to get rid of "IF" I sell the roller. There is a **** ton of parts almost everthing off the TR Mach can go. Keep in mind this car had I think 24-26k on it and is absolutely clean. Everything on the TR has been replaced, drivetrain except tranny, I have the decklid, radiator fuel tank, rear, hydroboost, brakes, motor (complete w PP intake, bassani mids, electric water pump and a few other doo dads) canton coolant tank, canton ps tank, inst panel, full lunar dash inst panel and about 7 guages (now hard to find) rebuilt rear, about 1000 in parts on the rear alone, all heater and ac equip, air bags, 1 set of pretty clean factory wheels, spare and jack, all electronics except stereo, all suspension, quad shocks, k member, coils, shocks etc,

Now the AB car when I purchased it was 100% stock and everything there so you would get everything with this car including the tranny (not sure of the condition) the motor 100% top to bottom. I havent taken it apart to see why it stopped running, the previous owner pulled the pass valve cover, tried pulling the drivers side and couldn't get it past the hydroboost and stopped there. There is some scarring on one or more of the cam lobes but the motor turns easily with a breaker bar and I don't notice any issues, what the issue is I'm not sure. The interior is in pretty good shape, drivers side seat is worn through in normal area, but the rest looks pretty clean. The body has some dings and dents, when I picked it up it had a light swipe down the passenger side that jacked up the front fender, bumper cover, put a crease in the door, broke the mirror, and messed up the rear bumper cover. I have a like new replacement fender and mirror but neither of the bumper covers.

The AB is stripped down to the body, all drivetrain out and suspension as well as the fuel tank. If I have time I'm going to blast the bottom this weekend and coat it w POR15. Then throw the rear and K member back on to get it rolling.

I also have almost a whole V7 YSI kit with 8 rib pulleys
Eibach spring set with a couple hundred miles on them
teksid block
I do have clear title to the car not a salvage title.

I paid 5k for the roller alone, make offers on what you want. Trades welcome guns, cars, guns, bikes, guns, tools, guns and ammo