PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE found 03 advice please

mac22
08-09-2012, 07:41 PM
found 03 azure blue 6600 miles 5 speed , no window sticker , certificate, wants 17000 , 2 owner second bought at 200 miles , carfax confirms, claims never driven in rain, is this a good price? Always wanted , sold 69 mach , torn between this or 08 shelby gt, more money, have the machs hit bottom?

mach18604
08-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Hit Bottom ??

Shook1db
08-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Lol you came to a Mach specific forum asking if they have hit bottom. I can tell you a lot of responses you are going to get :laugh:

But on a serious note when I was looking for a new car (a few months ago) I was looking at STI's, VW R32's (for the AWD) but I had always wanted a Mach 1. I wasn't sure about getting another mustang since I had a 95 GT and I wanted something that went around corners thinking AWD would give me that.

My dad had just bought a stage 3 roush tuned 2006 gt. I drove that for a while and I decided I had to do it. I bought a Mach and I have been so beyond happy with it I have not 1 time doubted my decision.

You clearly aren't having the same arguments as I was having with myself but I would recommend a mach to anyone. 17k for a 6.6k mile AB Mach is a great deal. But let's be honest who doesn't want a Shelby GT500!?!?

Would I trade my Mach for one at this point? If it was a 2013 probably :gears:. Otherwise I don't think I would.

mac22
08-09-2012, 08:18 PM
not a 2013 shelby, 08 gt not 500, what i meant by hit bottom , the prices are cheaper than i ever thought they would get, almost bought a new one, love the style , I had 69 428 cj, just sold

WalkrTexasRngr
08-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Oh so Im guessing you cant decide between the Mach 1 and the 08 GT? That what I paid for mine with 8700 miles on it. Great deal if you ask me. I myself think the Mach 1's are more fun than the S197's to drive. My dad has an 07 GT/CS. Its a great car, but it doesnt put the smile on my face my Mach 1 does. The mach 1 just seems more raw and less refined. Plus you see a lot less of them on the road.

ShkeRttlNroll
08-09-2012, 11:29 PM
My answer is yes I think that is a good deal for the mileage. I bought mine for 16,900 with 7400 miles last october. I would go for it and never look back!!!!!!

Mach828
08-10-2012, 01:07 AM
Depends on your goals. If your gonna just keep it close to stock and show it off at car shows, good deal.

If you want to go fast, I'd fork out the extra cash and get the Shelby or a modded terminator.

4valve 4tw?
08-10-2012, 02:16 AM
Let me point out for everyone, he's talking about an 08 shelby GT. A shelby GT, not Ford GT500.

To me, get the one you like after driving both on the same day. I'm sure like everyone does at first, there's the "its a real shelby, it'll be worth big bucks one day I bet." That one day, will be 30 years from now plain and simple. They are more then a same year GT now as expected, but they arn't some mystically rare and valuble car right now. Probably due to the fact he charged an arm and a leg for some of his suspension tunning, and some FRPP that anyone can still buy. His signiture is what sealed the deal for justifying the price increase.

So to me, a guy that drove his corvette(his only car for awhile) 3 years straight sun, rain, snow, or sleet, buy whichever one you like best. Dont worry about value, dont worry about "investments"(cause the shelby GT's I have a sneaky feeling they wont be worth much ever to be honest) do your homework on engines, trans, and suspensions and pick which one best suits you for what you want now and in the future.

Lifes too short. Pick which one screams awesome to you.

mach14604
08-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Let me point out for everyone, he's talking about an 08 shelby GT. A shelby GT, not Ford GT500.

To me, get the one you like after driving both on the same day. I'm sure like everyone does at first, there's the "its a real shelby, it'll be worth big bucks one day I bet." That one day, will be 30 years from now plain and simple. They are more then a same year GT now as expected, but they arn't some mystically rare and valuble car right now. Probably due to the fact he charged an arm and a leg for some of his suspension tunning, and some FRPP that anyone can still buy. His signiture is what sealed the deal for justifying the price increase.

So to me, a guy that drove his corvette(his only car for awhile) 3 years straight sun, rain, snow, or sleet, buy whichever one you like best. Dont worry about value, dont worry about "investments"(cause the shelby GT's I have a sneaky feeling they wont be worth much ever to be honest) do your homework on engines, trans, and suspensions and pick which one best suits you for what you want now and in the future.

Lifes too short. Pick which one screams awesome to you.

He makes some really good points. These two cars that you are looking at are night and day in what each one is all about. I like driving my Mach its a fun car. I do think the Shelby is a heavier car. I think you need drive both an see which one you like the best. The mach is a little more exclusive in some forms. They made a ton of the Shelby GT's so don't think you will make your money back on it in the future. It is true that this was the only true Shelby that came out of a Shelby shop after it was shipped from Flat Rock and it does have the signature.

ShkeRttlNroll
08-10-2012, 10:24 AM
He makes some really good points. These two cars that you are looking at are night and day in what each one is all about. I like driving my Mach its a fun car. I do think the Shelby is a heavier car. I think you need drive both an see which one you like the best. The mach is a little more exclusive in some forms. They made a ton of the Shelby GT's so don't think you will make your money back on it in the future. It is true that this was the only true Shelby that came out of a Shelby shop after it was shipped from Flat Rock and it does have the signature.

It depends what color shelby GT he is looking at, they only made 200 grabber orange shelby GTs which were only sold in california only making them pretty rare. I dont know total production numbers of all shelby GT's but they are way less then the mach 1's, I think total for 07 was somewhere around 6000. But for the price tag of 40K new you really didnt get much except suspension upgrades, cold air kit and shelby name. I think they are more rare then mach 1s but in my opinion will be less desirable in the long run. My good friend owns a 08 grabber orange shelby GT and he installed a whipple kit on it, Its probably one of my favorite cars of all my friends. Its a better riding car then my mach and the interior is light years better I think, but I wouldnt ever trade the mach for a shelby GT. The mach is just way too cool, and the shelbys dont have a shaker !!!! :COOL:

bluebullitt256
08-10-2012, 10:31 AM
17000 is on par for a low mileage car like that. I paid $16000 for my Torch Red 3k mile 03. I would offer 16000 and let him think on it. Id much rather have a mach than an 08 GT.

doubleg
08-10-2012, 11:04 AM
You sold your 69 Mach 1???
WHY??? That thing is only going to grow in value.

vertigyn
08-11-2012, 12:14 AM
I chose Mach over a new '05 GT. no regrets at all! The 4V engine is much more fun and responsive over the 3V I'm the GT.