PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous switches....

MiamiMach
02-02-2004, 05:53 PM
Where's a good place to put the nitrous switch in the car...in the 94-98 stangs the ash tray area was optimal....but now i dunno a nice convenient/hidden place would be....btw...is there a nitrous kit made expressly for the mach...instead of putting a GT one and "making it fit"?? :CHEERS:

67bird
02-02-2004, 06:23 PM
I don't know the part number, but Ford makes a "Window Defroster" switch that will fit perfectly in place of the little coin holder thingie, next to the shifter. It even has a light that indicates whether it is "on" or not.

Chaotech
02-02-2004, 09:47 PM
i mounted my switches just above the shifter along the same line the cigarette lighter is in, its very easily accessible and easy to replace if i ever sell the car... and i purchased switches from autozone, it almost looks like they were stock on the car other than the little purge button... i have Arming, Bottle Warmer, and Purge right there, and dayum! it looks good, plus i like showing my kit off, people always ask what they do and when they find out its nitrous they begin to wonder how powerful your car really is ;)

Chaotech
02-02-2004, 09:50 PM
i mounted my switches just above the shifter along the same line the cigarette lighter is in, its very easily accessible and easy to replace if i ever sell the car... and i purchased switches from autozone, it almost looks like they were stock on the car other than the little purge button... i have Arming, Bottle Warmer, and Purge right there, and dayum! it looks good, plus i like showing my kit off, people always ask what they do and when they find out its nitrous they begin to wonder how powerful your car really is ;)

ill post pics tomorrow if i can, im gonna borrow a digital camera from work and take some in depth pics.

69mach03
02-04-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Chaotech
ill post pics tomorrow if i can, im gonna borrow a digital camera from work and take some in depth pics.

How about those pix? I'm seriously interested in the switches and the whole overall nitrous set-up. Thanks! :D

punch
02-04-2004, 02:37 AM
I bought a airplane switch and mounted it right in the bezel on my old 01 GT. I loved it there because it looked cool, clean, and people liked it.

When ever I told people about my nitrous they always wanted to see the switch, so I didn't want to dissapoint them. Nothing is cooler than a big red "oh ****" switch. You can get that switch and a number of other cool switches from your local radio shack.

http://brian.quacking.net/stuff/Old_Pictures/stang/nxswitch.jpg