PDA

View Full Version : If you could relocate the trunk release button-where would you mount it?

PapaTango
02-02-2004, 12:22 AM
What a PITA! Everytime you need to get in the trunk you have to open the glove box (unless you constantly carry the key FOB around with you-I don't).

In other cars I've seen them mounted on the underside of the driver's side dash near the door for easier access. I think I'll see what it'll take to move the switch to a similar location.

Fosters
02-02-2004, 01:09 AM
you don't carry the remote or the key with you? :MADNOEL: I never leave home w/o em :p

PapaTango
02-02-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Fosters
you don't carry the remote or the key with you? :MADNOEL: I never leave home w/o em :p

Carry the remote? What do you do, wear it around your neck? If I need to get something out of the Mach's trunk it shouldn't involve finding the key fob or digging into the glove compartment to do it.

Steelhorse
02-02-2004, 08:09 AM
The last time i opened my trunk was the night i purchased it, to transfer the cargo net from the 02 GT i traded.

BTW PapaTango how do you like your American Thunder Exhaust? I still can't decide which exhaust to go with.

enjracing.com
02-02-2004, 07:47 PM
that's one of the silliest questions i have seen on here.

torchred03
02-03-2004, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by PapaTango
Carry the remote? What do you do, wear it around your neck?

ITS CALLED A POCKET. P-O-C-K-E-T....I think thats standard equipment on most pants you buy now. :THUMBSUP:

Starsky
02-03-2004, 09:10 AM
I was wondering if the Mach had a trunk release in side..Learn something new everyday..

bartzmach1
02-03-2004, 09:57 AM
I didn't realize it had a trunk release button on the inside either.:??:

erikf
02-03-2004, 05:22 PM
What difference does it make where the button is on the inside? If you lock your car (I asume most of us do) you will have the remote with you and you don't need to get into the car. Anyway... I would like to have seen the release on the drivers side so you don't need to take the keys out of the ignition (my sucess rate on trying to open the trunk with the keys in the ignition is low) to open the trunk.

DSG2003Mach1
02-03-2004, 06:30 PM
There was a right up on mustang world about puttin the button in your center console..shouldnt be too hard.

JeffreyDJ
02-03-2004, 07:06 PM
I can see why he may want to. There have been occasion where I want to pop the trunk and have the button in a more convenient place. Not a big deal to me, as I hardly ever open the trunk.

DSG2003Mach1
02-03-2004, 08:02 PM
well for me the pain is I keep the book in the glove box, and as little as it is its always a royal pain in the *** to get it to close again..i may move mine

rongilley
02-04-2004, 12:42 AM
cool trunk release button who would have thought.........

VonMort
02-04-2004, 01:09 PM
I had my 02 GT for a year before I found out that it was there. I did notice that the Remote does not work the trunk if the car is started and running. So it only helps me when the car is running. Funny that I never saw the button in the car manual. Guess I should actually read it! hehehe :D

torchred03
02-04-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by VonMort
Funny that I never saw the button in the car manual. Guess I should actually read it! hehehe :D

Whats a car manual? :blah: :blah: :blah:

Mach1Matt
02-04-2004, 09:07 PM
I do agree that the trunk button is in a poor spot. I usually open the trunk with the keyfob anyways but there are those times that you already have the car started up and you want to open the trunk so you gotta try to reach that button in the glove box. The one on our other car (2003 Mazda 6) is in a nice spot, left of the steering wheel, kinda low on the dash.

Sapperstang
02-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Some of you people must be new to late model mustangs. :LAUGH: I always carry the key fob with me. Its on the keychain. Who doesnt actually carry it with you? :rolleyes: :D

VetEtr
02-07-2004, 02:48 AM
Some of you must be new to Fords. They've been putting the trunk release button there for more than 20 years. I don't even think they've changed the part number in all that time, still that same goofy yellow button.

black_mach_03
02-07-2004, 03:14 AM
I always use the key fob. Theres a truck release button on there for a reason.:THUMBSUP:

TribalMan
02-07-2004, 04:09 AM
wonder why they hide it in the glove box anyways. to keep from accidental trunk openings while driving? if someone breaks into the car, the "hidden" button does little good when the back seats drop forward. hmmm. I would like it under the steering wheel near the hood release. :THUMBSUP: