PDA

View Full Version : 04 Mach, question of next upgrade..

mbeil04
11-20-2011, 07:56 PM
I have a 2004 Mach 1, 48k miles.. 4.10 rears, JLT ram air intake, MAC o/r H pipe, Pypes catback, and a sct tuner with tune. Im having questions of what to do next.. would a twin 62mm throttle body help much? im not really sure what to do.. Any input at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

TRbetngu
11-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Boost :thumbsup:

1fast03mach
11-20-2011, 08:28 PM
You could do LT headers unless you have to worry about having the car smogged.I think the suspension should also be considerd,once you start adding power you need a good suspension other wise all that power will go up in smoke,think of it like this your suspension is the foundation from wich to build on also you will need to replace those stock suframe connectors with better one's.

mbeil04
11-20-2011, 09:15 PM
i really do wanna boost it, but if i spend money for a blower itd be a kenne bell and i dont have 4800 bucks :( haha Ive thought about the eaton swap, but it seems like ALOT of work, and finding a lower intake manifold seems next to impossible unless its from Ford and they want 1200 bucks. so idk.

XSELLR8
11-20-2011, 10:44 PM
Better consider forged internals if you did anything more than 10 lbs of boost. I wouldn't waste the $ on a throttle body unless you pick one up cheap. Put the money towards Cams, a blower, or nitrous. :yes:

TRMach1
11-20-2011, 11:04 PM
i really do wanna boost it, but if i spend money for a blower itd be a kenne bell and i dont have 4800 bucks :( haha Ive thought about the eaton swap, but it seems like ALOT of work, and finding a lower intake manifold seems next to impossible unless its from Ford and they want 1200 bucks. so idk.
Here's some more bad news for you, Ford has discontinued that lower intake manifold, which in turn has forced Kenne Bell to discontinue selling their 99/01 Cobra and 03/04 Mach 1 complete bolt-on kits. Makes your options even less. I see you're from Delaware, welcome.

ASH302
11-20-2011, 11:11 PM
maybe a intake spacer
if your wanting cheap hp get some nitrous
it sucks about the KB s/c
i like the suggestion on doing suspension or doing some looks

ASh

mbeil04
11-21-2011, 08:48 AM
I def was considering cams, but I've been told install prices on a 4v is outrageous lol I would def consider nos, but is it very safe? or what lol

na svt
11-21-2011, 09:27 AM
A TB will add very little power if any at all. Long tubes would be my suggestion and then cams. Cam installation isn't that bad and if you get some that don't require springs the installation cost is quite bearable.

Spacers, like TBS, do little.

4valve 4tw?
11-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Headers+some serious dyno tune time

04Mach1FTW
11-21-2011, 03:10 PM
headers, good tune. Pull some weight out of the car if your willing. You should be running almost mid 12s with the current set up. Also, drag radials if you dont have some on the car yet, its the best investment you can make. I wouldnt worry about the sub frame connectors for a while myself.

Explosive
11-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Do you race at the track ? I know that I really want to get the rest of the parts for my eaton swap, but at the same time I'd really like to get new subframe connectors and some adjustable control arms.

Bad Religion
11-22-2011, 05:27 PM
If you want boost get a cobra, staying NA, get cams, and steeper gears.

smith30
11-22-2011, 05:34 PM
How about realistic simple useful mods....lower it, short throw shifter and aluminum driveshaft?

Stopsign32v
11-22-2011, 06:03 PM
In this order...

K&N filter no snorkle in stock airbox
MGW shifter
O/R midpipe
Catback of choice
4.56 gears
TUNE
Drag Radials
cut stock springs

smith30
11-22-2011, 06:34 PM
In this order...

K&N filter no snorkle in stock airbox Has a CAI
MGW shifter
O/R midpipe Has a o/r midpipe
Catback of choice Has a ctabck
4.56 gears Has 4.10's
TUNE Has a tune
Drag Radials
cut stock springs

See answers above...

Stopsign32v
11-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Ok then...in this order

MGW
4.56s
Drag Radials
Longtubes

:)

mbeil04
12-04-2011, 04:37 PM
yes, i have a aluminum driveshaft, and 315 Mickey Thompson ET streets, a short throw is on my list. i actually bought a Eaton with a lower intake so i guess im going boost. I have to find a write up on the swap of parts i assume and start ordering. How much boost is safe for me?

TRmachwon
12-04-2011, 06:10 PM
A TB will add very little power if any at all. Long tubes would be my suggestion and then cams. Cam installation isn't that bad and if you get some that don't require springs the installation cost is quite bearable.

Spacers, like TBS, do little.

I'm sure I've asked this before but I either never got an answer or (more likely) forgot: what would you say is a fair price to have cams installed if the springs don't need to be replaced?

yes, i have a aluminum driveshaft, and 315 Mickey Thompson ET streets, a short throw is on my list. i actually bought a Eaton with a lower intake so i guess im going boost. I have to find a write up on the swap of parts i assume and start ordering. How much boost is safe for me?

Absolutely get a shifter asap. Night and day difference.

How much is "safe"? I think 8psi is the general consensus, but it's the tune that matters. That and how much power it makes. Lots of variables at play here.

Doing LTs now isn't a bad idea. You'll pick up power now, and they'll be good to have down the road when you strap the eaton on.