Clean CarFax 2 Owners the last one for 6 years traded in on a 2012 Shelby

This Mustang is Clean and well kept, also adult driven

Check it out on line @ http://www.theforddealer.com

Jon De Master
Eric von Schledorn Ford
Random Lake WI
920-994-4376
jdemaster@theforddealer.com

Wow.... GLWS sale- I see you're a dealer. This is pretty strong $ even for a dealer. Most are about 3-5k less....

ASH302
09-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Wow.... GLWS sale- I see you're a dealer. This is pretty strong $ even for a dealer. Most are about 3-5k less....

i was thinkin the same here, there is a guy only owner of a 03 AB mach selling for the same price and his has 5,100 miles on it

good luck though

ASh

04VAMach1
09-06-2011, 02:40 PM
I really don't understand all the bashing of prices on this site. I see so many posts on this site from people who have no idea what these cars are selling for. NADA and KBB both list the dealer retail of a low mileage Mach 1 right around $20k. Ads on eBay and AutoTrader indicate that this Mach 1 is reasonably priced.

Just because you saw a single ad for a lower priced Mach 1 or you know of someone who bought one at a lower price doesn't mean that the car won't sell at a higher price.

ASH302
09-06-2011, 02:58 PM
I really don't understand all the bashing of prices on this site. I see so many posts on this site from people who have no idea what these cars are selling for. NADA and KBB both list the dealer retail of a low mileage Mach 1 right around $20k. Ads on eBay and AutoTrader indicate that this Mach 1 is reasonably priced.

Just because you saw a single ad for a lower priced Mach 1 or you know of someone who bought one at a lower price doesn't mean that the car won't sell at a higher price.

the reason behind why i said what i said was cuz of what i've been seeing them bought for. i wouldn't pay that much for one unless it was the only one around close and others far away, why pay more for something that is not worth it, its just common sense

ASh

2k4mach
09-06-2011, 03:11 PM

i agree maybe they should read this post.

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showpost.php?p=318441&postcount=2

ASH302
09-06-2011, 03:29 PM
i agree maybe they should read this post.

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showpost.php?p=318441&postcount=2

alright i'm done, never again on this section

ASh

97on22s
09-06-2011, 06:41 PM
If more people would pay 18995 we'd be able to re sale our cars and not lose our ***.

So the less we bash threads saying your to high the better oFf well all be.

04Mach1Blurr
09-06-2011, 06:49 PM

:CHEERS:
If more people would pay 18995 we'd be able to re sale our cars and not lose our ***.

So the less we bash threads saying your to high the better oFf well all be.

:CHEERS: Lets stop selling them like dirty civics

rich1
09-06-2011, 09:13 PM

Most of the time its people low balling other peoples cars for sale .:SMASH: However if it is their car thats selling, thats a different matter !

Chris Keely
09-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Sounds like a good price on an 04

CO Mack
09-07-2011, 11:10 AM
:CHEERS: Lets stop selling them like dirty civics

The market sets the price. It has nothing to do with what an enthusiast thinks they "should" be worth, or someone who is upset watching their super-low mile car depreicate like a "dirty old Civic".

Machs are following that nasty depreciation curve like any other new car purchase. They will continue down for years, but eventually probably will bounce, like Fox Mustangs have begun to.

04VAMach1
09-07-2011, 02:42 PM
The market sets the price. It has nothing to do with what an enthusiast thinks they "should" be worth, or someone who is upset watching their super-low mile car depreicate like a "dirty old Civic".

Machs are following that nasty depreciation curve like any other new car purchase. They will continue down for years, but eventually probably will bounce, like Fox Mustangs have begun to.

Unfortunately too many people think they have a "pulse" on the market and won't admit that they don't have a clue. Too many people think that just because they know somebody who happened to come across a poor fellow who needed some cash and got a good deal on a pristine Mach that every seller is in the same boat. The truth is that these cars are selling at much higher prices than people like you give them credit. I was offered almost $17k for my Mach at CarMax just a few weeks ago. They aren't going to pay me more than they can sell it for which means that I should also be able to get more by selling it privately.

CO Mack
09-07-2011, 03:52 PM
As a long time SVO owner, I've been down this road among a forum of highly enthusiastic owners, and really, we all see the world through colored lenses. When I finally decided I was for real going to sell it, it was for lots less money than people would suggest they're "worth". (and what I originally listed for)

I bought my 1 owner, fully documented 30k mi comp orange two weeks ago. Got a pretty good idea of what market price is. ;) While we've threadcrapped the heck out of this one....I wouldn't have even called the dealer listing this car. But then again, I was a patient, cash buyer.

vegadan
09-08-2011, 10:32 PM
i would 14500 on this car

donjuaniii
09-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Unfortunately too many people think they have a "pulse" on the market and won't admit that they don't have a clue. Too many people think that just because they know somebody who happened to come across a poor fellow who needed some cash and got a good deal on a pristine Mach that every seller is in the same boat. The truth is that these cars are selling at much higher prices than people like you give them credit. I was offered almost $17k for my Mach at CarMax just a few weeks ago. They aren't going to pay me more than they can sell it for which means that I should also be able to get more by selling it privately.

Wow...that's a really good offer! :12:

Mach828
09-09-2011, 12:06 AM
If you want to see the real market value of the car, just check the completed listings on ebay. See how much Machs have been selling at over the past few months.

Book value means almost nothing. Market value is what matters.

03greygt
09-09-2011, 10:27 AM
You should have sold it.

04MACH ME
09-09-2011, 01:27 PM
If you want to see the real market value of the car, just check the completed listings on ebay. See how much Machs have been selling at over the past few months.

Book value means almost nothing. Market value is what matters.

True. I checked the value of my Mach on Edmunds. 2003, outstanding shape, and 15,000 miles. My car is worth $12,000 :23:

Mach828
09-09-2011, 01:28 PM
You should have sold it.

+1

$17 is dumb, I would have sold it, and bought another car with the cash, and came back the next weekend to sell again to CarMax. Shoot you'd make a good living doing that.

:headbang:

04VAMach1
09-09-2011, 02:23 PM
+1

$17 is dumb, I would have sold it, and bought another car with the cash, and came back the next weekend to sell again to CarMax. Shoot you'd make a good living doing that.

:headbang:

How many Mach 1's have you found with under 10k miles for $17k?

Edmund's doesn't have the option to select a 2004 Mach 1 so I can't pull an estimate from there.

KBB has private retail at $18360, trade in at $16380.
NADA has retail at $19,025, trade in at $16,200.

The little bit of data that you pulled from eBay confirms the price range. What's dumb about a $17k offer from CarMax, besides it being at the bottom of the market value? :OUCH:

4valve 4tw?
09-09-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm waiting as I'm still deciding between a mach and gto... and for next spring. I test drove one near me just to see if I even liked the car probably around June. It was 18900 with 17k miles on it. Had a K&N intake and flowmasters welded in, basically nothing of value. Even if I was ready to buy I doubt I would have. 16k seems to net you one with 20k miles or less. Thats not to say this mach isnt in "off the showroom floor" shape and worth the extra coin to someone. It may be worth every penny.

04vamach, see for yourself though. Go to 2 local ford dealers and then another non ford dealer. I'd almost bet money all 3 offer you less then 17K. I'd be real interested myself.

04MACH ME
09-10-2011, 12:18 AM
How many Mach 1's have you found with under 10k miles for $17k?

Edmund's doesn't have the option to select a 2004 Mach 1 so I can't pull an estimate from there.

KBB has private retail at $18360, trade in at $16380.
NADA has retail at $19,025, trade in at $16,200.

The little bit of data that you pulled from eBay confirms the price range. What's dumb about a $17k offer from CarMax, besides it being at the bottom of the market value? :OUCH:

Yes it does. There are two options under Mustang titled Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium. One is for 2003. One is for 2004

Unrealford
09-10-2011, 08:33 AM
eBay and forums,aren't accurate as you might think, Dealerships are more accurate because they can offer financing,
I traded mine in for a Boss and was offered between 15-17k for my car, I ended up agreeing on 15 with options to remove all my parts and they agreed,
I had 21,200 miles on mine and it was a 2004 auto.
I had a few people I know ask why I didn't let them know before I traded it in, I simply told them most people on forums seem to want to low ball people and I didn't want my blood pressure boiling over from idiots offering me 13k for my car,
Technically I even received more , 15k and the 1,375 off taxes from new car from the 15k.
Plus I had DD Wheels to sell, gas cap cover door, alum driveshaft, floor mats, etc, etc

CO Mack
09-10-2011, 10:47 AM
I agree, if I'm buying a new car I always try to trade it first. When we bought my wife's current car, we traded in her S2000 for more money than we'd have gotten from a private sale, but only one dealer was willing to do that. It's all part of the negotiation.

But that's a bit different IMO....the dealership has multiple opportunities to make money on the deal, and thus are really motivated to get you as a customer. They make money in finance on the new car you buy on kickbacks for financing, various optional packages they try to sell you in finance (warranties, services etc etc), in their parts and service centers, and ultimately the business/value of a return customer.

04VAMach1
09-10-2011, 05:24 PM
04vamach, see for yourself though. Go to 2 local ford dealers and then another non ford dealer. I'd almost bet money all 3 offer you less then 17K. I'd be real interested myself.

Why would I want offers from other dealers? I'm considering selling my Mach, not buying another car. I had an offer from CarMax for just under $17k because they advertise that they will buy your car even if you don't buy theirs.

I'm not sure what that would accomplish since the eBay data posted in the other thread supports the fact that private sales on eBay for similar cars are selling in that range.

Yes it does. There are two options under Mustang titled Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium. One is for 2003. One is for 2004

Just tried a minute ago and the dropdown still only says "Year" and "2003". Can't choose an option that is not there.

jpilone
09-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Wow, nice discussion... really guys? come on!

It's overpriced for sure.. I paid $17k for mine in June, and I was happy to because it was only 39k miles and uber clean..