PDA

View Full Version : Silencer resonator thing..

NorCal Mach
01-23-2004, 06:50 PM
So this morning I woke up early and decided to get rid of that thing, withOUT spending 30 bucks on something from ebay. So i ripped it off and then took it to my local Orchard Supply store and looked down every isle and found only one thing that could work. It was a long shot...I believe it was a metal top to a fence pole...ya know with the loop at the top, but the base was sturdy and perfect size, so i bought it. $1.09. Took it back to my house an realized i did **** good, perfect fit, so i took a hack saw to it and cut off the loop part and to make it all smoothe i used sandpaper. I cleaned it off with some solvent and popped that sucker in there. BINGO!!!! Worked perfectly, like it was almost made for just that purpose.

GO ME!!! $1.09!!! and about 15 mins (time to store and back was 9mins) If anyone is interested in this quick fix just shoot me a message or what not :D :HOPPY: :COOL: :COOL:

tach9
01-24-2004, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by NorCal Mach
So this morning I woke up early and decided to get rid of that thing, withOUT spending 30 bucks on something from ebay. So i ripped it off and then took it to my local Orchard Supply store and looked down every isle and found only one thing that could work. It was a long shot...I believe it was a metal top to a fence pole...ya know with the loop at the top, but the base was sturdy and perfect size, so i bought it. $1.09. Took it back to my house an realized i did **** good, perfect fit, so i took a hack saw to it and cut off the loop part and to make it all smoothe i used sandpaper. I cleaned it off with some solvent and popped that sucker in there. BINGO!!!! Worked perfectly, like it was almost made for just that purpose.

GO ME!!! $1.09!!! and about 15 mins (time to store and back was 9mins) If anyone is interested in this quick fix just shoot me a message or what not :D :HOPPY: :COOL: :COOL:

There are lots of alternative "plugs" out there. If you were at OSH, you should have gone to the rubber plug section and there are a box of rubber stoppers that will work. Has been posted on the registry before...It's cheap alternative, but ya know..some of us can't resist the Billet Plugs...Have you been folowing the thread on the Group buy? $15.00 and that includes shipping...