PDA

View Full Version : Question for the azure blue owners out there....

MikeMach1
01-21-2004, 03:08 AM
I only seen one Azure Blue Mach 1 and it was at dusk and early evening, so it looked fairly dark. I've seen a lot of day time photos where it looks like the color bleaches out a little, looking a very light blue, yet in some day time photos - it looked extremely dark blue - like the photos from the 2004 Road and Track "Sports and GT cars" issue. Does it lighten up in the day and get dark in the evening or is it a dark blue all the time? Anyone explain?

Thanks,

- Mike

Hal
01-21-2004, 06:30 AM
Mine is Azure Blue also. I have noticed that it looks like it changes colors with the amount of light. When its out in the sun it looks more like a medium to light blue. Then when the sun starts going down or at night it looks like it has a little purple in it.

robh
01-21-2004, 09:17 AM
ah!!!! Thats the" Mystic Azure Blue " effect! It's deffently not the GRABER blue of the 70's. Of all the color choices ,it's still my fav.

machstang
01-21-2004, 10:07 AM
Mine also is Azure blue. It appears darker in the evening but one thing that does lighten it up is the flash of the camera. Most pictures I have taken of the car with the flash are washed out to light blue. Only exceptions are the ones on a sunny day with the fill in flash. They seem to come out fine. Its a great looking car in the daylight, and a real standout in the evening.

TX MACH 1
01-21-2004, 10:54 AM
I have to modify some of the pictures I take of erin's blue mach on photoshop to get it closer to the correct color.

Rick:!!:

DanK
01-21-2004, 01:18 PM
I've noticed the multishade effect also. I think it makes this color even better.:THUMBSUP:

Martin99ACR
01-21-2004, 02:08 PM
I like all colors of blue, so it doesn't bother me

02mach1
01-21-2004, 03:16 PM
Azure Blue looks great any type of light, remember you can't get Azure Blue after this year 04. we got the best blue that Ford made for a long time.:THUMBSUP:

Golions
01-21-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by 02mach1
Azure Blue looks great any type of light, remember you can't get Azure Blue after this year 04. we got the best blue that Ford made for a long time.:THUMBSUP:
And from what I understand Azure is the fastest of all Mach colors too.

GiddyUp!

:THUMBSUP:

Vegas Mach1
01-21-2004, 05:13 PM
Click on the link in my sig. Look at the contrast from the hood (in sunlight) and driver's side (in a shadow). The side is a good representation of the true color. There is no color shift in the paint but it reflects light differently under different lighting conditions.

P.S Hey Blazen take a look at the DSG lots of metal flake :cool:

blazinsteed
01-21-2004, 06:23 PM
I would have like to see sonic blue but it wouldn't have been as nastalgic. Funny thing is none of the colors have that metallic look. They all seem to be flat. red blue yellow....

badjoey
01-22-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Golions
And from what I understand Azure is the fastest of all Mach colors too.

GiddyUp!

:THUMBSUP:

this is the unspoken truth