PDA

View Full Version : I have a silly question.

brodzowski
01-15-2004, 01:23 PM
My car is brand new and tucked away for the winter. I was curious if when you guys and gals waxed your car, if you waxed right over that flat black stripe or not. Is that under the clearcoat? will wax smear on it or leave swirls? Something I hadn't thought about until I looked at several freshly waxed, shiny machs.:idea:

DanK
01-15-2004, 01:27 PM
I have polished mine and the stripes look good. Alot of people will recommend Zaino, but I haven't tried it yet. I used Finish First, but I surmise they are about the same price range. For more info do a search of the site.

rcode99
01-15-2004, 01:53 PM
Zaino does improve the apperance and does not add any gloss to the stripe.

Mach1 EH
01-15-2004, 03:50 PM
Wax away.

I did the stripes no issue.

I also, got some wax on the shaker and (I will blame the summer sun) I continued to wax the shaker.
Dumb move.:SMASH:

When my DSG comes out of Mach-burr-nation, I will have to get a new tooth brush and soap and water to clean off the shaker.
The skaker now has white sections.

I used Mequires gold, nice shine. (I'll continue to use the Mequires on my MarkVIII)

I am getting some Zaino for my Mach1 and I'll be all shiney for Nashville!

mach1speed
01-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Read somewhere peanut butter will get the wax off plastic parts.

Mach1 EH
01-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Sorry my friend.
Peanut butter is only for Jelly and white bread in my book.
:ANGEL:

mach1speed
01-15-2004, 04:56 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot. NO food within 10 yards of my Mach 1's. Got a kick out of this thread:

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8634&highlight=salad+dressing