PDA

View Full Version : Mac lts, o/r x, magnapacks

SHAKN' 04
02-21-2011, 09:55 AM
switched my prochamber and slp's to o/r x and magnapacks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbktxD4QU4U

and heres a 1st-2nd gear WOT. both videos recoreded from my iphone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiqFYOx5rI8

Fenixfire
02-21-2011, 10:37 AM
switched my prochamber and slp's to o/r x and magnapacks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbktxD4QU4U

How high did you take the revs? It doesnt seem to pop like mine does on the way back down which is good. Thats what im hoping for when i switch to the magnapack catback. I think the stock catbacks restrictive piping is causing it to pop when I let off the gas. Only happens if its coming back down from 4k or above tho.

SHAKN' 04
02-21-2011, 10:45 AM
How high did you take the revs? It doesnt seem to pop like mine does on the way back down which is good. Thats what im hoping for when i switch to the magnapack catback. I think the stock catbacks restrictive piping is causing it to pop when I let off the gas. Only happens if its coming back down from 4k or above tho.

the 2 high revs were at 5k but it sounds a whole lot meaner at wot. i dont get much popping either, which i like better than my slp set up i had.

Fenixfire
02-21-2011, 10:52 AM
the 2 high revs were at 5k but it sounds a whole lot meaner at wot. i dont get much popping either, which i like better than my slp set up i had.

Ya I cant wait to get rid of the stock catback. It sounds mean as hell and stupid loud at WOT, but when I let off it backfires like crazy. The magnapack catback should clean that up quite abit. Im also running LTs and an o/r x. How big are your LTs?

SHAKN' 04
02-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Ya I cant wait to get rid of the stock catback. It sounds mean as hell and stupid loud at WOT, but when I let off it backfires like crazy. The magnapack catback should clean that up quite abit. Im also running LTs and an o/r x. How big are your LTs?

lol yea i ran that set up for a while and ditched it for diff combos. went from stock mufflers to hooker mufflers, than to slp mufflers, magnaflow mufflers, magnapack mufflers, bassani mufflers, back to slp and finally back to magnapacks! They are Mac lt's 1-5/8's

Fenixfire
02-21-2011, 11:06 AM
lol yea i ran that set up for a while and ditched it for diff combos. went from stock mufflers to hooker mufflers, than to slp mufflers, magnaflow mufflers, magnapack mufflers, bassani mufflers, back to slp and finally back to magnapacks! They are Mac lt's 1-5/8's

Same as mine. They are 1 5/8" with 3" collectors. I have no mufflers :smokin: Cut out the stock mufflers and welded in straight pipe. :23:

SHAKN' 04
02-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Same as mine. They are 1 5/8" with 3" collectors. I have no mufflers :smokin: Cut out the stock mufflers and welded in straight pipe. :23:

lmao! thats why you get so much popping! im sure any set of mufflers would clear that up. Now ya know what the set up would sound like.

Fenixfire
02-21-2011, 11:10 AM
lmao! thats why you get so much popping! im sure any set of mufflers would clear that up. Now ya know what the set up would sound like.

Ya I know that no cats or mufflers contributes, but the stock catback skinny piping doesnt help either. Unfortunately, the magnapack catback is on the back burner right now. I need tires and a built rearend. After that then ill get it.

SHAKN' 04
02-21-2011, 11:16 AM
Ya I know that no cats or mufflers contributes, but the stock catback skinny piping doesnt help either. Unfortunately, the magnapack catback is on the back burner right now. I need tires and a built rearend. After that then ill get it.

yea i would take care of those things first! i think im done fooling around with the exhaust for now. If i do any changes again in the future, ill post new vids :smokin:

SHAKN' 04
02-21-2011, 02:01 PM
added a new video, just 1-2 gear WOT

311-420
02-21-2011, 03:35 PM
They sound good :)

SHAKN' 04
02-21-2011, 03:38 PM
They sound good :)

im glad i took off the slp's and didnt run them with my o/r x! would of been nasty loud :smokin:

TheWaterSkier
02-21-2011, 04:11 PM
im glad i took off the slp's and didnt run them with my o/r x! would of been nasty loud :smokin:

I see in your mods: -PHP 1/2" spacer

I thought the PHP spacer was 3/8" though the actual size isn't shown on his site. Did he do something special for you, or is the PHP spacer actually 1/2"?

SHAKN' 04
02-21-2011, 04:35 PM
I see in your mods: -PHP 1/2" spacer

I thought the PHP spacer was 3/8" though the actual size isn't shown on his site. Did he do something special for you, or is the PHP spacer actually 1/2"?

didnt measure it, lol could be 3/8s but i just list it as 1/2"

MACH_CHICK
02-21-2011, 06:00 PM
SOUNDS GREAT!!! :thumbsup:

SHAKN' 04
02-21-2011, 06:10 PM
SOUNDS GREAT!!! :thumbsup:

thanks! now hurry up and get a video of that comp orange beast! :smokin:

MACH_CHICK
02-21-2011, 08:19 PM
thanks! now hurry up and get a video of that comp orange beast! :smokin:

lol i will!