PDA

View Full Version : SF Dyno Day Part III..IMPORTANT INFO!!!!

tach9
01-14-2004, 10:44 PM
Hey All, looks like we have a great turn out for the Dyno Day at Apex Motorsports on January 18th..this coming Sunday!!! I just got a call from Bill Kaiser the owner of Apex and he has asked me to give him a list of the participants and their car to be dyno'd, year/make/model... so he can pre-enter the names etc. into the computer before the Dyno Day. This will save a tremendous amount of time!!! He needs this info by 11AM Friday so I am asking all the participants to please attach to this post, their name and their stang etc. You may also list your mods too. :THUMBSUP: Just start a response to this post and ad your info, then the next person "quote" the post and ad theirs etc...till you all have the info on one posting... If there is any confusion, please e-mail me at: tach9@sbcglobal.net or PM me.

I NEED THIS INFO BY 11AM FRIDAY JANUARY 16TH...ALL THAT DO NOT PUT THEIR NAMES AND INFO, YEAR/MAKE/MODEL & MODS ATTACHED TO THIS POST WILL BE RELEGATED TO DYNOING AFTER EVERYONE ELSE IS DONE...AND THERE ARE A LOT OF YOU SO YOU'LL BE PRETTY LATE IN THE DAY...SO PLEASE ATTACH YOUR FULL NAME, CAR TO BE DYNO'D AND YEAR, MAKE AND MODEL AND WHATEVER MODS YOU HAVE. I WILL BE PRINTING THIS POST OFF ON FRIDAY 11AM TO SUBMIT TO APEX!!!!!!!!!!!!! :HOPPY: :THUMBSUP:

Here's how the day is going to go: I will be at Apex promptly at 8:30AM. I will have a sign up sheet, so when you pay in cash ($65.00), I'll asign you to a spot in order that you signed up. So first come first served as they say!!! Keep in mind that when I counted the posts, there is around 15 participants or more, so that's a lot of cars to dyno.... and earlier in the day will probably produce better HP numbers than later in the day due to the lower temps et al.

Look forward to seeing you there!!! I'll be in the Oxford White Mach 1 with the license plate "MACH 1" :ANGEL:

351c.i.d
01-14-2004, 11:37 PM
Well I'll be the first to reply....(if no one replies before me)

Steven Foley
03 Mach 1
Mods
K&N Filter
Magnaflow High Flow X-pipe
Magnaflow Magnapack Catback
Snorkel Removed
Silencer removed and plugged (not that would affect anything....I think!)
MAF screen removed

My buddy is coming as well

Matt Carl
'02 Mustang GT
K&N filter
Snorkel Removed

Hope this helps!
Can't wait to see you guys there.

zincmach
01-15-2004, 02:50 AM
well ill be second to post!!!!
Mario Pimentel
2003 Mach 1 mustang
mods
mac pro chamber and flow master exhaust....
snorkel pulled...
bout it see u guys there.... heard some guys from WWW.CAFORDS.COM will be there also but dont know there info... thanks mario.

zincmach
01-15-2004, 03:54 AM
Hey Aaron here are two more guys from the San jose area....

The name is Juan Moya, bringing a 2001 Mustang GT it has a bone stock motor with flowmasters.

His friend's name is Jose Vera, he has a 1996 Mustang Cobra, with 4.30's, Accufabs single blade 70mm thorttle body, Flowmasters, BBK Off-road x-pipe, pulleys, spec2 clutch, Pro -M mass air sensor and cold air intake.
hope that helps u Aaron ill let u know if theres more.... thanks alot mario...

Dragman
01-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Dave Charte

2003 Mach1 DSG 5/spd
K&N Drop in
Snorkel Removed
Magnaflow Cat Back

erikf
01-15-2004, 02:27 PM
Erik Farrell
Flame Red 2003 MACh 1
K'N filter- otherwise stock

zincmach
01-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Hey Aaron one more for u.....
Steve Lomaro
2001 Roush Stage 3 Mustang

last dyno setup:
Supercharger with reduced 2.8" pulley
Bassani X pipe, Magnaflow mufflers
Roush cold air kit
Roush 2001 ECU

changes since last dyno:
Ford shorty headers
thanks again Aaron i might have more for u.....

CCUBAN
01-15-2004, 07:48 PM
I'm in...
Chris Cubanske
03 DSG Mach 1
Magnapack Cat Back

See Everyone on Sunday.

Mach1Pony
01-15-2004, 10:15 PM
Aaron, it doesn't look like anyone followed the instructions so there is no use in me following them...Oh well.

Ron Love
'03 DSG Mach1

K&N filter
Silencer, MAF screen and fender snorkle removed
Welded in single chamber Flows.

See you all there! I hope it doesn't rain!!!

Mach1Pony
01-15-2004, 11:56 PM
Please add your name to this quote:

Steven Foley
03 Mach 1
Mods
K&N Filter
Snorkel Removed
Silencer removed and plugged (not that would affect anything....I think!)
MAF screen removed

Matt Carl
'02 Mustang GT
K&N filter
Snorkel Removed

Mario Pimentel
2003 Mach 1 mustang
mods
mac pro chamber and flow master exhaust....
snorkel pulled...

Juan Moya, bringing a 2001 Mustang GT it has a bone stock motor with flowmasters.

Jose Vera, he has a 1996 Mustang Cobra, with 4.30's, Accufabs single blade 70mm thorttle body, Flowmasters, BBK Off-road x-pipe, pulleys, spec2 clutch, Pro -M mass air sensor and cold air intake.

Dave Charte
2003 Mach1 DSG 5/spd
K&N Drop in
Snorkel Removed
Magnaflow Cat Back

Erik Farrell
Flame Red 2003 MACh 1
K'N filter- otherwise stock

Steve Lomaro
2001 Roush Stage 3 Mustang
last dyno setup:
Supercharger with reduced 2.8" pulley
Bassani X pipe, Magnaflow mufflers
Roush cold air kit
Roush 2001 ECU
changes since last dyno:
Ford shorty headers

Chris Cubanske
03 DSG Mach 1
Magnapack Cat Back

Ron Love
'03 DSG Mach1
K&N filter

tach9
01-16-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Mach1Pony
Aaron, it doesn't look like anyone followed the instructions so there is no use in me following them...Oh well.

Ron Love
'03 DSG Mach1

K&N filter

See you all there! I hope it doesn't rain!!!

Hey Ron, no worries...reading was optional...LOL..!!! See ya Sunday!!!

NorCalMach
01-16-2004, 01:36 AM
Because there are so many... I will pass on the dyno.. However I still plan on the trip at least to be able to meet some ppl...George

richtor
01-16-2004, 01:45 AM
heres another tach9 -

i am already in apex's computer from an old dyno day but i have upgraded some stuff so here it is anyways:

Jason tsiboukis
2003 dodge srt4
2.4liter turbo 4cyl fwd
mods:
stage 1, upgraded wastegate, boost controller, intake

:D

tach9
01-16-2004, 02:04 AM
Thanks Rictor!!!

zincmach
01-16-2004, 10:48 AM
hey Aaron i have one more car for u, sorry for such a late notice, but please pencial thios other person in.

Sergio Manzo
89 5.0 stock block, w/BBK Lont tube headers, BBK off road h-pipe, march UD pullies, BBK cold air intake, 3.73's and a flex-a-lite fan.....
thanks Aaron..... should be funwe should all be there at 8:00 am sharpe...Mario.

arrgmatey
01-16-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by tach9
Thanks Rictor!!!

yes, thank you richtor :THUMBSUP:
been busy at work and haven't been around much.

tim2003mach1
01-16-2004, 05:55 PM
Aaron

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Been working strange hours the last couple of days.

Tim Coppin
2003 DSG Mach
K&N Filter
MAF Screen Removed
Flowmaster Series 40 Mufflers

I'll see you tomorrow.

03SHKER
01-18-2004, 01:31 AM
My post must not have gone thru.. I'm in too!
Oxford White
K&N filter
Dr. Gas Catted X
Silencer removed

WhtMach1
01-18-2004, 01:56 AM
Well I missed reading the request to sign on early, so I'm gonna show up anyhow and see if time will permit me a dyno run. If not then still looking fwd to meeting PPL and checking out mods on Mach's!
- Gary

tim2003mach1
01-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Well, first things first.

A big THANKS to Aaron for setting this up. It was really kewl to see all those Mustangs together in one place. I hadn't seen so many Mach's together before. Definately a nirvana of horsepower.

I felt pretty good with a 278 hp and 298 ftlbs. Considering that my car was basically stock, not too bad. But, the Rousch had me beat by a longshot.

The SRT was fun. Who woulda thunk a 4 cyl could produce 240 hp?

Again thanks to Aaron and we need to get all those Mach's together again for a huge photo op.:THUMBSUP: :CHEERS:

erikf
01-18-2004, 08:09 PM
Thanks for setting it up Aaron!!

351c.i.d
01-18-2004, 09:32 PM
Huuuuuge thanks to Aaron for setting this up. This was my first time meeting him and he has to be one of the friendliest guys I've ever met. He gave me a ride in his Mach with the suspension goodies so I could feel how it rides, and it rides pretty **** good I must say!!

It was nice to finally meet some other mach owners and get on the dyno for the first time. Man I'm jealous of those cobras, I think the last one to dyno had just a chip, pulley and exhaust and he put out 460 RWHP I believe. If only it was that easy for us...

Now for my question. With my snorkel pulled, MAF screen out, magnaflow high flow x and magnapack catback, I dynoed 285.9 RWHP and 295.6 RWTQ SAE w/5300 miles on the car. Does that seem to be a bit low to anyone, especially the TQ? I see others pulling that stock and their TQ is like 310!

Also can anyone explain the difference between SAE #'s and
STD #'s?

Thanks for any info....
By the way Aaron is starting a new website March 1st called the Mach 1 review which plans to give in depth reviews on modifications and show gains on a dyno, starting with baselines on up! Can't wait Aaron.

Mach1Pony
01-18-2004, 09:34 PM
I want to thank Aaron (Tach9) also for setting up the Dyno Day.:THUMBSUP:

It was a great turn out and I had a lot of fun meeting everyone. All the Mach's looked awesome!

Aaron, here is a link to the website that sells the Diagnostic/Dyno software you can hook up to your laptop:

http://www.autotap.com/products.html

I was very impressed with my numbers. I'm almost afraid to reprogram it with the Predator. I noticed some of the Mach's that had lower HP were running leaner. I was watching the screen on a couple of them and they were around 11.7 to 11.9 on the A/F ratio... Mine varied from 12.4 to 12.6 all the way through.

Dyno results:

285.8 RWHP
308.4 RW torque

-Ron

03SHKER
01-18-2004, 10:34 PM
Yeah, Thanks to AARON!!! I made 286.2 RWHP and 311.1 RWTRQ with only a K&N and a Dr. Gas Catted X. :COOL:

fatbowdy
01-18-2004, 10:48 PM
thanks Aaron! Great job putting this event together, very nice car btw! My #'s 286 rwhp and 309 rwtq.:COOL:

tach9
01-19-2004, 02:28 AM
Hey Guys!!! Thanks!! It was a hoot and a holler meeting all of you and dynoing our Machs!!! Man it was so kewl seeing all the Mach's and Mustangs in one place!!!! We'll have to do it again soon!!!!

Ron you car was awesome...with just your few mods and you posted a 285rwhp...those were really good numbers..no wonder you're able to run 12's at the drags!!! That to me was impressive!!!

Also I think the most impressive thing that the dyno day made me realize...that the stock mufflers are really restrictive..and the average gains by just replacing the muffler alone must have been around 11 to 12 rwhp!!!...and I'm not even talking about CAT back..just the Flowmasters mufflers!!!! Another myth dispelled..and that is awesome!!!

Thank you to all that participated and made this dyno day a really fun one!!!!!!

Mach1Pony
01-19-2004, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the comments Aaron. I like the ride height of you're car and the tire/wheel combo fills out the wheel-wells nicely. It was nice meeting you.

Going by my quarter mile times the Flowmasters didn't make much difference but looking at the dyno #'s tells a different story.

I have also come to the conclusion after hearing all the exhaust systems on the dyno the MagnaPack catback systems sound awesome!

Chris (CCUBAN) it was nice meeting you and thanks for the ride in your car it sounds great.:THUMBSUP:

Sounds like everyone was pulling down the same numbers as my car after I left... now I wish I hadn't left so soon.

Vince (Apex) told me he was more impressed by the Mach's for what they are than the Cobra's (nice guy)... Thanks goes out to Vince and his buddy that came out to help.:THUMBSUP:

-Ron