PDA

View Full Version : 40th Anniversary Oversight for the Mach??

04ShadowShaker
01-12-2004, 08:33 PM
Is it possible the Mach is considered a "second class" citizen?

The 40th Anniversary GT with manual transmission has a rectangular plaque on the dash right next to the power outlet honoring the "40th Anniversary Edition". This is in addition to the fenbder badge.

This is not on my 2004 Mach 1! I've read other post's noting the Mach 1 is really a GT. Not a big deal, but for the price and with the last year of the Mach being the 40th, it sure would have been a nice touch.

Was this an oversight on my Mach? Should I complain to the dealer? Thoughts?

rcode99
01-12-2004, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't bother calling Ford. I'm sure one of the people with a lot of knowledge will add to this, but did the Cobra get this special touch? Wasn't the GT in existence when the Mustang first came out? I'm just thinking that since the Mach itself wasn't made till 69, it wouldn't necessarily be 40 years old till 08 or 09. I suppose they could have a 35th badge, but then that would be a marketing nightmare, having to come out with new badges every time a 5-year mark rolled around. But I'm on your side and I don't disagree with you that the extra touch might have been neat. Hey, they heck with it. Get yourself one of those ID tags with the car's VIN and birthdate from that guy in Canada. Its on the product page. Remember to that the 03 and 04 GTs are not Machs and never will be. Great cars, they are, but they aren't Machs, just as the Mach isn't a Cobra.

somckinney
01-13-2004, 01:02 AM
The 40th anniversary console badge is part of a 40th anniversary package. It is not on all 2004 models as the exterior badges are. There is a 40th anniversary option which includes, I believe, three color choices, no spoiler, special stripes and the console badge. It is available on coupes and convertibles, V6 as well as GTs. It is not available on the Mach 1 or Cobra.

kdo2milger
01-13-2004, 03:35 AM
I'm sure that console badge has a part number and can be ordered thru the parts department as an individual piece. I would definatetly order one if I could get a holed of the pn#.

03mach1
01-13-2004, 08:29 AM
Here is the other discussion in the ACCESSORIES Forum on this topic....

YOu can order the badges yourself.

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9993&highlight=40th+CONSOLE

kdo2milger
01-13-2004, 08:43 AM
Thanks 03mach1:THUMBSUP:I'm going to order one of these and the set sold here when I get my VIN and build date confirmed.