PDA

View Full Version : the mustang shop in auburn

Pages : [1] 2 3

ASH302
10-31-2010, 12:04 AM
i wanted to see who in this area has used that shop, just wanted to see what you had to say

ASH302
10-31-2010, 10:37 PM
my mach is back to there shop again, hope to get the problem fixed. :concerned

ASH302
11-03-2010, 10:52 AM
i have to say they got on it fast and did a great job fixin the simple prob. so i'm glad and happy again

ASH302
11-14-2010, 01:37 AM
so no one else in WA has a comment on the mustang shop chite i guess i'm the only one that used em, Russ have you????

ASh

24kmach
11-14-2010, 01:55 AM
so no one else in WA has a comment on the mustang shop chite i guess i'm the only one that used em, Russ have you????

ASh

I do all my own work. The Mustang Ranch did the dyno. Ford did the TSB's.:smokin:

ASH302
11-14-2010, 02:42 AM
ok thanks, i really only know a couple other mach owners in the area, hpranch for sure on dyno

ASh

oohh3
11-25-2010, 03:44 PM
ok thanks, i really only know a couple other mach owners in the area, hpranch for sure on dyno

ASh

Hey I'm new to the site and dont have any experience with the mustang shop but I have been to many dyno days at hpranch and John def knows his stuff! He will be doing the dyno on mine soon.

ASH302
11-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Hey I'm new to the site and dont have any experience with the mustang shop but I have been to many dyno days at hpranch and John def knows his stuff! He will be doing the dyno on mine soon.

he is really a great guy i enjoy going out to his shop and he is just a great dyno guy and does help out on extra stuff when he doesn't need too

ASh

oohh3
11-29-2010, 02:48 AM
he is really a great guy i enjoy going out to his shop and he is just a great dyno guy and does help out on extra stuff when he doesn't need too

ASh

He is very good at going above and beyond. Last time I was there he spent an hour helping my bf fix the problem on his car and just charged his flat rate fee.

ASH302
12-07-2010, 12:38 PM
yeap that is how it was for me, just a overall great guy and love dealing with him

ASh

oohh3
12-09-2010, 08:38 PM
yeap that is how it was for me, just a overall great guy and love dealing with him

ASh

Just a heads up, John from HP is moving his shop and putting it with TMS.

24kmach
12-09-2010, 10:16 PM

And the price goes up. :eek:

oohh3
12-09-2010, 10:22 PM
And the price goes up. :eek:

Lol, yeah looks like im gonna wait until a dyno day to get mine tuned but I copied and pasted johns letter from stangnation below with what exactly is going on.....

Starting next week (whenever we get the dyno moved) HorsePower Ranch will be part of The Mustang Shop in Auburn Washington.

For those of you who have been to HorsePower Ranch you know the shop was located at my home. This presented challenges with neighbors and, since all I did was dyno tuning, it left many driving or trailering your car somewhere to get what you needed to complete the tune.

Recently The Mustang Shop has added 4,000 square feet to there facility and since many of the cars already came from TMS it made sense to locate the dyno within their shop. On top of the obvious parts availability and trained service technician advantages The Mustang Shop also has a large parking area that is perfectly suited to host Dyno Days.

Soon the HorsePower Ranch phone number and email will be answered by the staff of The Mustang Shop. This will allow better response to phone calls and email (a problem when running the shop myself). TMS will also be performing tuning with my support which will allow for even more convenient scheduling for everyone.

I hope everyone is as excited as I am about this change. The Mustang Shop hopes to see everyone down there next year for tunes and dyno days.

Thanks to everyone at StangNation for your support!

John Garner

24kmach
12-09-2010, 10:32 PM

I was the one that told SN about John.:eek: My photoShow was before SN existed. :33:

http://www.photoshow.com/watch/EG7uE6tp

oohh3
12-09-2010, 10:45 PM
I was the one that told SN about John.:eek: My photoShow was before SN existed. :33:

http://www.photoshow.com/watch/EG7uE6tp

OH, im new to the mustang hobby so I dont know who knows who yet. But that photoshow was cool. Im kinda suprised I havent seen your car or the blue mach around before. Im always looking for other machs. The only ones I have seen near me is a comp orange one and a dsg one.

24kmach
12-09-2010, 10:49 PM
OH, im new to the mustang hobby so I dont know who knows who yet. But that photoshow was cool. Im kinda suprised I havent seen your car or the blue mach around before. Im always looking for other machs. The only ones I have seen near me is a comp orange one and a dsg one.

We are having a small get together at the Steele St Forza this Saturday at 11ish. You would be welcome to come. :)

oohh3
12-09-2010, 10:52 PM
We are having a small get together at the Steele St Forza this Saturday at 11ish. You would be welcome to come. :)

Well thank you! I read about some kinda get together on SN the 11th too. Is this the same one? My mach is going into storage the 13th so im looking for any excuse for one more drive!:claus:

24kmach
12-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Well thank you! I read about some kinda get together on SN the 11th too. Is this the same one? My mach is going into storage the 13th so im looking for any excuse for one more drive!:claus:

I don't do SN. They are mostly Northys now. :smokin:

oohh3
12-09-2010, 10:59 PM
I don't do SN. They are mostly Northys now. :smokin:

I hear that, there are a few that live like 10 min from me so the site is nice to keep up with them. Not to mention that most of the events that are held (that I hear about) are up north. But what time is the Sat. get together?

24kmach
12-09-2010, 11:03 PM
I hear that, there are a few that live like 10 min from me so the site is nice to keep up with them. Not to mention that most of the events that are held (that I hear about) are up north. But what time is the Sat. get together?

11:00 AM. Sat.Dec. 11th. I hope our friend with the yellow Mach 1 from Lewis-McCord will be there. I owe him a cup of Java for his service. :)

oohh3
12-09-2010, 11:11 PM
11:00 AM. Sat.Dec. 11th. I hope our friend with the yellow Mach 1 from Lewis-McCord will be there. I owe him a cup of Java for his service. :)

How nice! But If I go and txmach302 goes, it will be my first time meeting both of you. But I am really excited to meet other mach owners and see thier cars!

24kmach
12-10-2010, 12:38 AM
How nice! But If I go and txmach302 goes, it will be my first time meeting both of you. But I am really excited to meet other mach owners and see thier cars!

If the weather is nasty I will be in a red ricer 94 Honda Civic. :eek::23:

oohh3
12-10-2010, 08:53 PM
If the weather is nasty I will be in a red ricer 94 Honda Civic. :eek::23:

Lol, welll I am flying outta town early Monday morn so if I don't have a bunch of running around and packing to do, I will be there!

24kmach
12-11-2010, 12:39 AM
Lol, welll I am flying outta town early Monday morn so if I don't have a bunch of running around and packing to do, I will be there!

Be there or be square. :23:

ASH302
12-11-2010, 02:32 AM
well this is crazy news bout the hpranch lol, wow haven't been on in a couple of days and yes i'll be there tomorrow i plan on it as of right now and got the clearance from the wife, i'll have my son with me, mach will be dirty since the **** rain hasn't like us like every year i've been here, lol which ever it will be nice to get to gather, see ya'll tomorrow

ASh

24kmach
12-11-2010, 02:56 AM
Forza Address 11401 Steele St S # 108, Tacoma - (253) 536-7721

ASH302
12-11-2010, 10:06 AM
thanks and i'll see you there,

ASh

ASH302
12-11-2010, 12:45 PM
well russ fixin to get ready here in a few and see you there.

ASh

i take sugar and creamer in my coffee :CHEERS::PIMP:

ASH302
12-11-2010, 01:26 PM

i live off of exit 114 will be good to meet up. i'm ready to go just waiting on the wife to get back and then my son and i are heading there

ASh

24kmach
12-11-2010, 01:28 PM
It's raining here so the Honda it is. It is built Ford tough. See you in a few.:CHEERS:

ASH302
12-11-2010, 01:34 PM
lol i'm still bring the mach its so dirty hasn't been wash in a month last time i did was in the rain and i may do it again but not today. but i'll be heading out very soon, fixin to go warm the mach up.

ASh

oohh3
12-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Well I stayed up so late trying to get everything done so I would be free today and I over slept bad! Hope you all had a great time and the weather was nice, well nice for this state.

24kmach
12-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Well I stayed up so late trying to get everything done so I would be free today and I over slept bad! Hope you all had a great time and the weather was nice, well nice for this state.

I thought this Mach was yours but Ash told me yours was red. :confused:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/goldmach/TempImage1292102992886.jpg

24kmach
12-11-2010, 06:58 PM
So with the weather forcast of record rain:eek: just the tough guys showed up. One, that would be me in the C------S--- Honda and Ash with his balls to the walls, double WOW Mach 1. Talk about a bad azz sounding ride. :ORANGE: Any way we had a good day. Ash brought one of his boys, a sharp troop I might add for the days fun.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/goldmach/TempImage1292109602680.jpg

24kmach
12-11-2010, 07:02 PM
We took a side trip to Griot's in Tacoma and the good folks there showed us some tips on making a Mach's paint POP.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/goldmach/TempImage1292102960898.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/goldmach/TempImage1292110496593.jpg

ASH302
12-11-2010, 07:41 PM

oh you should feel so bad, lol we had a lot of fun Russ you are so fun to be around thanks a bunch for everything sorry if i didn't say much and thanks again for the key chain and cd FRPP stuff.

i'll be going to that shop later to grab a kit of there, i really think it will do wonders for the ride also great pictures

ASh

24kmach
12-11-2010, 08:03 PM
oh you should feel so bad, lol we had a lot of fun Russ you are so fun to be around thanks a bunch for everything sorry if i didn't say much and thanks again for the key chain and cd FRPP stuff.

i'll be going to that shop later to grab a kit of there, i really think it will do wonders for the ride also great pictures

ASh

Did you get your hat you left at Forza?????

ASH302
12-11-2010, 08:53 PM
i went back and the lady check and no hat, i've had that steeda hat for a few years now. we go back a long time, kinda sad and don't know why anyone would take a old used hat, i'm going to check with em again to see though, maybe someone put it somewhere else there

ASh

oohh3
12-11-2010, 09:03 PM

ASh

Yeah I do! I was really looking forward to meeting the other mach owners in the area. Not to mention taking her out for one last drive before storage....Good thing is all my laundry is done lol.

24kmach
12-11-2010, 09:19 PM
i went back and the lady check and no hat, i've had that steeda hat for a few years now. we go back a long time, kinda sad and don't know why anyone would take a old used hat, i'm going to check with em again to see though, maybe someone put it somewhere else there

ASh

I have new[never used] hats to spare you can have that are beyond cool. :secret:

oohh3
12-11-2010, 09:25 PM
So only you two went? Whats a little rain in this state lol

24kmach
12-11-2010, 09:30 PM
So only you two went? Whats a little rain in this state lol

No, my friend Joe and his wife showed up to drop off a Christmas gift. :THUMBSUP:When the weather is bad turnout is poor. :eyes:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/goldmach/Christmasgift001.jpg

oohh3
12-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Yeah I guess but if you buy a car in this state with the plans of only driving it on nice days that limits you alot!

24kmach
12-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Yeah I guess but if you buy a car in this state with the plans of only driving it on nice days that limits you alot!

Did you notice I drove my Honda???:confused: They need love too ya know. :secret::23:

24kmach
12-11-2010, 09:51 PM

ASh

Take your pick.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/goldmach/Sparehats001.jpg

oohh3
12-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Lol yeah I have 2 other cars that have been given the cold shoulder since the mach came around but they will get love when mach goes to storage lol. So does that honda fart? Just wondering :23:

24kmach
12-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Lol yeah I have 2 other cars that have been given the cold shoulder since the mach came around but they will get love when mach goes to storage lol. So does that honda fart? Just wondering :23:

It does have a Flowmaster Cat Back but just very quiet gentle little small farts. :wow::THUMBSUP:

oohh3
12-11-2010, 10:43 PM
It does have a Flowmaster Cat Back but just very quiet gentle little small farts. :wow::THUMBSUP:

Haha ok so its not the, I gotta check my shorts type of farting, that's good lol!

ASH302
12-11-2010, 11:06 PM
i got the one on the left i'm just really into fitted hats really, i only where the yellow mach one every once in awhile, but i have another black steeda hat i'll have to pull out, lol but its not like that one was, so fitted to my head and just the way i like it the wife also bought me a dallas cowboys one and it just doesn't fit like that steeda hat did, even the other steeda hat i have doesn't fit like the one i had today. but its all good. i'll be fine not like i have a choice too.

lol well i don't mind driving mine but i understand when people don't want to drive there in the rain here if its raining hard and it kinda was today, but i wanted to drive the mach

when do you get back???

we will have to meet up again for sure and get more mach's to come.

ASh

ASH302
12-11-2010, 11:08 PM

yea it wasn't loud at all like other imports are, well maybe cuz i couldn't hear it over my exhaust hahahahahahah j/k

ASh

thanks again Russ i had a blast today, i don't think i'll go to the CA show but some around here i will. the mach might have alot of power but its reliable though cuz like i was telling you i'm not hitting the safe max on that motor its set with a good tune and not pushing more power than needed and like i said also i don't beat on it all the time

oohh3
12-12-2010, 12:01 AM
I get back the 21st but mach will be in storage then, but I can bring my v6 lol. But I really wanna meet the machers in my area! I am bumbed that I didnt make it today. Gonna do a compression check on the mach tomorrow because what we thought the issue was turned out to be wrong....still getting misfire in cylinder 8....Any luck getting ur hat back I dont get who would want someones hat!

ASH302
12-12-2010, 01:18 AM
no luck on getting the hat back, but i'm going to make a call tomorrow or monday and ask one more time to see, sucks but chite happens. thats kewl bring the v6 won't hold it against you, lol

yeap will have to meet up after you get back sometime, i think in a few weeks i'm going to take another 3 weeks off and stay around the area, just like not having to be there in the morning and wasting my gas going to base

ASh

ASH302
12-12-2010, 01:20 AM
one more thing, i really don't see anyone take a old used faded hat, that would just be werid to be honest. i don't think someone just found it and threw it in the trash (which i regret not taken a look to see) but it just doesn't make sense.... i figure the normal and right thing would be put it in the back and save it for a few days cuz i'm sure the person is going to come back for it.

ASh

oohh3
12-12-2010, 01:33 AM
Yeah but to tell you the truth I have heard about people taking stranger stuff then a used hat. But that does suck, how soon after you realized you left it did you go back for it? There is a "mustang" meet up every friday in tacoma...I havent been in a very long time but in the winter there is VERY few things to do.Other then you two I only know of one other mach owner in the area and he doesnt seem too into his car lol. I quote, "Eh its just a car" lol. But I cant wait to see what my mach has on the track!!!

ASH302
12-12-2010, 04:37 AM
prob about 15mins after we left and then prob within the hour was back over there. well who every got it, got them a **** good hat thats for sure, lol

you can meet up with me anytime chite i prob live right over next to you, lol like i said right off of exit 114

ASh

oohh3
12-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Haha yeah your prob like 5 min away. So whats done to your car? And what exhaust do you have that is so loud? I just bought a bassani x pipe and im thinking of going with borla catbacks they are on sale right now, new for 450ish...I want more of a quiet exhaust until I get on it

oohh3
12-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Well I am not too happy. I have owned the car for about a month and a half. Did a compression check because I kept getting a misfire in cylinder 8 code and sure enough got a BEAUTIFUL 115-120 on cylinder 8 but 175ish in all the others. Life is good right about now, I wonder what trade in is on it :mad:

ASH302
12-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Haha yeah your prob like 5 min away. So whats done to your car? And what exhaust do you have that is so loud? I just bought a bassani x pipe and im thinking of going with borla catbacks they are on sale right now, new for 450ish...I want more of a quiet exhaust until I get on it

sorry to hear bout your problems, so your going to trade it in????

my list of mods is long, lol but for exhaust is jba shorty, o/r h-pipe, and slp lm1's for exhaust

motor built 5.0 shortblock w/ d1sc

suspension is pretty much done for the car. if you really would love a list of everything done to it, let me know and i'll send you a pm with all of the mods its a long list, lol

ASh

oohh3
12-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Im not sure if I trade it in Ill be getting a manual mach. I still love the cars I just think I was a little too hasty in buying this one. I saw it and wanted it so I bought it... But Im not sure if I have the money to fix it. Gonna call ford before I leave tomorrow and see if it falls under the tsb.

ASH302
12-12-2010, 03:06 PM
you know what i'll just go ahead and put the list of parts on the mach and be done with it

outside:
stagger black bullitt's 17's
302 center caps
5.0supercharged side emblems
302 emblem on the shaker
smoke headlights
smoke taillights
shorty antenna
honeycone rear trunk lid
mustang decal insert rear bumper
hid's low beam

drivetrain:
spec stage3+ clutch
upr clutch cable kit
steeda tri-ax shifter

suspension:
h&r super sport springs
MM caster/chamber plates
MM isolators
steeda g-trac bar
steeda bumpersteer kit
steeda x2 balljoint
upr non adj upper and lower control arms
lakewood shocks and struts
steeda adj rear sway bar (have it just haven't put it on)
steeda full lenth sub frame connectors

exhaust
jba shorty headers
pacesetter o/r h-pipe
slp lm1's

motor
DSS racing pro mod 5.0 iron shortblock (good for 800 to 1000HP)
Procharger D1sc w/ 3core intercooler and race BOV (also came with a SCT BA3000 maf
Zex nitrous wet kit 75 to 100 shot (was using it on stock motor and its there if i want to still use it but i don't see the need to)

fuel set up
60lb fuel injectors
cobra dual fuel pumps
lethal dual fpdm wire kit
KB BAP 40amp
areomotive fuel rails (have em just haven't got em on yet)

dyno numbers
17psi
554rwhp
522rwtq
at the hpranch

lol i told you it was long, lol but i think i got it all forgive me if i forgot something, lol

ASh

ASH302
12-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Im not sure if I trade it in Ill be getting a manual mach. I still love the cars I just think I was a little too hasty in buying this one. I saw it and wanted it so I bought it... But Im not sure if I have the money to fix it. Gonna call ford before I leave tomorrow and see if it falls under the tsb.

got you, i saw a white one for sale the other day over by Roy man i couldn't tell you which place or what, but i saw it and was like wow a white mach for sale, i kinda wanted to stop in and take a look at it but i was on my way somewhere

oohh3
12-12-2010, 03:11 PM
got you, i saw a white one for sale the other day over by Roy man i couldn't tell you which place or what, but i saw it and was like wow a white mach for sale, i kinda wanted to stop in and take a look at it but i was on my way somewhere

Wow it seems you know your way around the cars! I would like to keep mine but Im not sure if its worth the time and money vs trading it in for a manual...But hey if I decide to fix it you are more then welcome to stop by and give advise lol!

ASH302
12-12-2010, 03:11 PM
another thing on the mach i wouldn't give up so easy on it like that, i understand it cost some money, but you will be so happy you kept it and got it fixed. i just would think bout it and find out how much money, i would talk to lakewood ford and have ryan there work on it if you take it to a ford dealer. he is a very nice guy and outstanding mech. Russ can tell you also about him. he is a good friend and very good with what he does

ASh

ASH302
12-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Wow it seems you know your way around the cars! I would like to keep mine but Im not sure if its worth the time and money vs trading it in for a manual...But hey if I decide to fix it you are more then welcome to stop by and give advise lol!

lol i'm not that great, but i will sure do my best to help out as much as i can. the motor part i'm not very very good at. but i would try. its so tight in there. but i know alittle and not everything, but will try to help out as much as i can.

yea we need to meet up down here sometime and Russ can make the drive down here with the civic lol. why i say that is he gets way better gas mileage than we do and could make it here and back to his house on one gallon of gas. lol and prob make it back here for a second trip. but yeap i don't mind coming over after you get back and looking at it with you. also would like to see it.

ok i think i miss understood what you were saying you want to trade the mach in on another mach but a 5speed mach. yours is a auto??? i think i'm tracking what your saying

ASh

oohh3
12-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I know Im gonna end up keeping it, I have already done touches to it that I love, like the hood. Im just mad, I emailed the guy I got it from and asked if he knew anything and he said nope never got that code. I would have rather he was honest, I already bought the car. Trying to get in touch with some guys I know that have worked on machs and cobras before to see how much they would charge.....Love finding this out before I go on vaca now every dime I spend ill be thinking that would have gone into the car lol

oohh3
12-12-2010, 03:18 PM
lol i'm not that great, but i will sure do my best to help out as much as i can. the motor part i'm not very very good at. but i would try. its so tight in there. but i know alittle and not everything, but will try to help out as much as i can.

yea we need to meet up down here sometime and Russ can make the drive down here with the civic lol. why i say that is he gets way better gas mileage than we do and could make it here and back to his house on one gallon of gas. lol and prob make it back here for a second trip. but yeap i don't mind coming over after you get back and looking at it with you. also would like to see it.

ok i think i miss understood what you were saying you want to trade the mach in on another mach but a 5speed mach. yours is a auto??? i think i'm tracking what your saying

ASh
Yeah I got the auto, dont know how to drive a manual but now im kinda wishin I went the other route. But I love the machs they have been my dream car since they came out and I just need to get through this little hurdle, hopefully before race time:THUMBSUP:

24kmach
12-12-2010, 03:22 PM
OHooo3, if you do have it fixed I would consider cams,headers,valve covers,etc at that time. The cost would only be your parts because of the tear down would involve all those parts anyway. It sounds like you have an auto so good time for a stall converter also. :secret::CHEERS:

oohh3
12-12-2010, 03:24 PM
OHooo3, if you do have it fixed I would consider cams,headers,valve covers,etc at that time. The cost would only be your parts because of the tear down would involve all those parts anyway. It sounds like you have an auto so good time for a stall converter also. :secret::CHEERS:

Well if its not the 3 grand to fix that has been tossed around, I was thinking the same. And some LT'S

ASH302
12-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Russ is right would be a good ideal to go ahead and throw some other stuff on there while its out. but if you just have the money to get it fixed then that is fine too. i know money can be tight for some people. enjoy your vacation and don't worry to much bout the fix on the mach. have fun and see you when you get back

ASh

oohh3
12-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah it all depends on the cash flow. But getting outta town is the only thing saving me from totally stressing out. But ill try to bring some sun back with me from sunny az!

oohh3
12-12-2010, 06:25 PM
So we havent done a leak down test but right now im just prepairing for the worst. What do you guys think as far as replacing the heads, go big or go home right. Do you have any websites you would recommend looking at for this?

ASH302
12-13-2010, 01:08 AM
i know when we were figuring out what to do with my heads with the whole rebuild, we just had em rebuilt, i ask bout upgrading the heads and it came that the heads that we have are great and work fine. so i would just have em rebuilt, i also saved $1500 bucks having mine totally rebuilt compare to buying brand new ones that would have been pretty much the same thing. wouldn't have done anything for me

ASh

oohh3
12-13-2010, 01:46 AM
I am hoping its a valve issue and we will do the cooling mod while were in there. But more bad news john from hp ranch has sold his dyno and is moving on to other things. That is a condensed version but from the sounds of it we no longer have john as a tuner....

ASH302
12-13-2010, 02:05 AM
I am hoping its a valve issue and we will do the cooling mod while were in there. But more bad news john from hp ranch has sold his dyno and is moving on to other things. That is a condensed version but from the sounds of it we no longer have john as a tuner....

so he isn't going to be moving to TMS???? this is crazy i mean really what happen with him???? i was just there not very long ago and he was talking bout how he enjoyed his job. so i wonder what is going on, plus i really need him to swap my tunes on my x2 to the livewire that i'm waiting to come in, he is doing it for free. also i just don't want anyone else to tune the car around this area, i don't need it redyno, but if something was to happen and i needed him too.

ASh

ASH302
12-13-2010, 02:08 AM
Russ i've been thinking bout going with the 4pt roush wing instead of the saleen wing. the roush one would be painted flat black. i just don't know though. we will see i got some time to think bout it. if i do get the roush wing i'll be selling the saleen one which is already painted SY

ASh

oohh3
12-13-2010, 02:13 AM
so he isn't going to be moving to TMS???? this is crazy i mean really what happen with him???? i was just there not very long ago and he was talking bout how he enjoyed his job. so i wonder what is going on, plus i really need him to swap my tunes on my x2 to the livewire that i'm waiting to come in, he is doing it for free. also i just don't want anyone else to tune the car around this area, i don't need it redyno, but if something was to happen and i needed him too.

ASh

Yeah I didn't read the most recent article but I was told the jist of it. Sounds like he will be teaching the guys at tms how to use the dyno and they can contact him for the harder cars. but there is no way u can teach all those yrs of experience. But I know a lot of people in ur boat as far only truely trusting john and the deals he was supposed to give like in my case a good deal on a tuner and a great deal on a tune...

24kmach
12-13-2010, 02:13 AM
Russ i've been thinking bout going with the 4pt roush wing instead of the saleen wing. the roush one would be painted flat black. i just don't know though. we will see i got some time to think bout it. if i do get the roush wing i'll be selling the saleen one which is already painted SY

ASh

I think I have a picture of a blue Mach with the Cobra spoiler and it really looks good. I will try to find it and post.:secret:

ASH302
12-13-2010, 06:18 AM
there is AB one running around on ft. lewis that has the 03/04 cobra spoiler and front bumper. I didn't realize who car it was, but a guy that had it before i deployed had it and did the body change even had different aftermarket rims changed on it. there was only one way i was able to tell that it was the same one and that was from a sticker, lol and also the guy is a darker fellow and that you don't see alot of. also i saw he put the cobra emblems on the side, i was kinda like nnnnnnoooooooooooo....... lol i don't mind it when they do that on a mach, which every

ASh

ASH302
12-19-2010, 11:01 PM
so i want to say i'm very happy to deal with TMS, everything has been pretty good overall. even though it took some time to get the mach back, from what i understand that is pretty normal. would have been diff if the motor was already ready to ship out than like mine that had to be build, plus DSS had couple of parts on back order and took em a month to get em in. so i will say i would suggest anyone to go there and have stuff worked on. Andy is a really nice guy there. also now they have the dyno there and that is a great thing, plus they trailer mine up to the hpranch for free. so that was a very nice thing they did

ASh

oohh3
12-20-2010, 03:20 AM
so i want to say i'm very happy to deal with TMS, everything has been pretty good overall. even though it took some time to get the mach back, from what i understand that is pretty normal. would have been diff if the motor was already ready to ship out than like mine that had to be build, plus DSS had couple of parts on back order and took em a month to get em in. so i will say i would suggest anyone to go there and have stuff worked on. Andy is a really nice guy there. also now they have the dyno there and that is a great thing, plus they trailer mine up to the hpranch for free. so that was a very nice thing they did

ASh

I wonder how much it would cost to toss them the key and say I dont want her back until all cylinders work like they should lol

ASH302
12-20-2010, 03:52 AM
I wonder how much it would cost to toss them the key and say I dont want her back until all cylinders work like they should lol

truly they can figure out whats wrong with her pretty fast. like i said my good buddy ryan works at lakewood ford and i would let him work on it for sure, i don't think you can go wrong w using TMS

ASh

ourstable
12-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Ryan really knows what he's doing. He's been our friend for years and has worked on our cars for us. Plus, he really respects your car and will treat it well. John was talking to him at the meet Friday night. Ryan's the one who put all the parts on the stang that we bought from John.

oohh3
12-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Ryan really knows what he's doing. He's been our friend for years and has worked on our cars for us. Plus, he really respects your car and will treat it well. John was talking to him at the meet Friday night. Ryan's the one who put all the parts on the stang that we bought from John.

Ok cool, we will prob do a leak down test and depending on what it is if I can afford the parts and labor ill talk to ryan. Any chance he does work outside of ford?

ASH302
12-20-2010, 12:54 PM
i think he might but i don't know what type of free time he has, you would just have to ask him, regardless he is a great guy and like i said would take it to him to work on it and make sure he is the one that you say you want to do the work on it.

ASh

oohh3
12-20-2010, 01:37 PM
i think he might but i don't know what type of free time he has, you would just have to ask him, regardless he is a great guy and like i said would take it to him to work on it and make sure he is the one that you say you want to do the work on it.

ASh

Yeah Ill have to figure my budge out, I may have to have my step dad do it. He works at a shop in downtown oly and knows his stuff but I have caught him in some bs now that I know more about cars and it kinda worries me having him diving into the heart of the car....

ASH302
12-20-2010, 04:56 PM
well you could call and talk to ryan and see what he says about doing the work on the side, i just think with his free time it might take longer than it would take if you just took it to a shop to get it done, well make sure you trust who is doing the work, Ryan will do a outstanding job, i've called him many of times just to ask a question about something, he also when he had a day off while i was putting my procharger on came up to the place i was doing it and looked everything over and also gave me some little tips that helped out big time, such a amazing guy and i trust him so much with working on my mach. trust me you won't be sorry if you take it to him to have him work on it.

ASh

oohh3
12-20-2010, 08:38 PM
well you could call and talk to ryan and see what he says about doing the work on the side, i just think with his free time it might take longer than it would take if you just took it to a shop to get it done, well make sure you trust who is doing the work, Ryan will do a outstanding job, i've called him many of times just to ask a question about something, he also when he had a day off while i was putting my procharger on came up to the place i was doing it and looked everything over and also gave me some little tips that helped out big time, such a amazing guy and i trust him so much with working on my mach. trust me you won't be sorry if you take it to him to have him work on it.

ASh

Ill prob have my stepdad do the leak down Thursday since john doesn't have what u need to do it....and if the parts are cheaper I might give ford a call and get a price quote....I don't like knowing there is an issue and not fixing it but I might be better off saving my pennies and taking it to them in a couple months.....

ASH302
12-20-2010, 08:43 PM
get the test done on it and then you will know more on whats going on, and then go from there, don't stress out about it, its all good and will work itself out. i'm pissed that you have this problem after just buying your mach, its really messed up to be honest with you. so sorry, but i'm sure everything will work itself out and be ok. wish i had a chite ton of money i get it fixed for you and other people that have problems. the money the Gov waste and could throw you a few thousand to help fix your mach and that wouldn't be waste of money, atleast it would go toward a good thing instead of there BS stuff they waste it on

ASh

oohh3
12-20-2010, 10:26 PM
get the test done on it and then you will know more on whats going on, and then go from there, don't stress out about it, its all good and will work itself out. i'm pissed that you have this problem after just buying your mach, its really messed up to be honest with you. so sorry, but i'm sure everything will work itself out and be ok. wish i had a chite ton of money i get it fixed for you and other people that have problems. the money the Gov waste and could throw you a few thousand to help fix your mach and that wouldn't be waste of money, atleast it would go toward a good thing instead of there BS stuff they waste it on

ASh

Yeah it does suck expecially after wanting this car since 03 but thank you for the reassurance that it will workout. I guess that's the good thing, it's nothing money can't fix LOL. But when I first read the compression numbers from cylinder 8 and was told by multiple people said clear the codes and put it on Craigslist and I thought about this being someone elses dream car and I couldn't do that. Now a dealership is another story lol but as my vaca has gone on I've kinda calmed down about the whole thing. But I do know where the guy I bought it from lives lol

ASH302
12-21-2010, 12:54 AM
when my mach was getting the new motor and also before that when it went out on me i wanted to sell the thing, wanted to not have it cuz it was taken so long to get it and then after that we were having a few little problems like with the fuel and then we thought we had a blown headgasket but it was something simple some piping came loose i felt like a stupid person after that one, lol but everything has worked itself out and is looking good and it has been so much fun so far. so i understand i really do. but it will all be fine in the end

once you get her fixed and get to enjoy her you will be so happy you went ahead and fixed it.

ASh

oohh3
12-21-2010, 01:10 AM
when my mach was getting the new motor and also before that when it went out on me i wanted to sell the thing, wanted to not have it cuz it was taken so long to get it and then after that we were having a few little problems like with the fuel and then we thought we had a blown headgasket but it was something simple some piping came loose i felt like a stupid person after that one, lol but everything has worked itself out and is looking good and it has been so much fun so far. so i understand i really do. but it will all be fine in the end

once you get her fixed and get to enjoy her you will be so happy you went ahead and fixed it.

ASh

I'm not sure if I would look at problems differently if I caused them like if a mod didn't work out but before this I wanted a sc on but after seeing how expensive fixing this may be I'm kinda tempted to leave it stock other then the norm bolt ons

ASH302
12-21-2010, 01:29 AM
i think down the road your mind might change on that s/c, lol i would just find a good used one and keep it at really low boost and gain alittle HP like 400rwhp, that will be more than power and also won't be hard on the motor. just a thought. but even the normal bolt on's will help out a bunch and then add a few suspension parts and be good to go

ASh

oohh3
12-21-2010, 01:32 AM
i think down the road your mind might change on that s/c, lol i would just find a good used one and keep it at really low boost and gain alittle HP like 400rwhp, that will be more than power and also won't be hard on the motor. just a thought. but even the normal bolt on's will help out a bunch and then add a few suspension parts and be good to go

ASh

I know I can prob search the forum for this and read ur mod list but what do u think are good mods for someone who doesn't have a lot of mechanical skills like not mods requiring engine work if that makes sense

ASH302
12-21-2010, 01:39 AM
i think the simple ones would be a good place to start
on performance
tuner (sct is prob the best to use imho)
CB
CAI
mid-pipe you already have that though

thats really the simple bolt ones,

there really isn't that many simple performance bolt ones that are simple to install really. your prob looking around 300rwhp. the big numbers come with the more harder stuff and more money

also my big thing is finding good use parts, like used CAI also the tuner, if its unlocked your good to go.

i'm not a big fan of the TB cuz of how many people i've read have had problems with em. so i never got one, same with the underdrive pulleys heard bad things about those so i never mess with em. i had a steeda cold air intake and after i put that on i could feel a diff, it didnt look very good imho like some of the others but it did do the job, i think i would have went with a diff one. they all pretty much are the same gains

gears would help you out alot. even with the same power i was talking bout at 400rwhp 4.10's would be great. with where i'm at the stock gears work better for me.

i feel like i'm leaving out a simple bolt on, if i think of it i'll put it down

ASh

oohh3
12-21-2010, 01:43 AM
Yeah that's what I was affraid of because I was looking for mods and after the exhaust and intake I was kinda stumped but wasn't too sure about going into the engine. The tb sounded good because of the power gains but after u said they usually have probs I. Googled it and I crossed that off my little list lol

ASH302
12-21-2010, 01:48 AM
yea its a sticky over in the engine section i believe, also Rich was really the one that talked me out of getting one, when he got his acufab one and took it off i think in less than a week, it just couldn't work right. so after that i was like nope on the TB and plus hearing all the others that have had problem, now i have seen a few, a small few that have TB on there mach's and they work.

when i had the TB and underdrive pulleys on my v6 it work great

ASh

oohh3
12-21-2010, 02:02 AM
yea its a sticky over in the engine section i believe, also Rich was really the one that talked me out of getting one, when he got his acufab one and took it off i think in less than a week, it just couldn't work right. so after that i was like nope on the TB and plus hearing all the others that have had problem, now i have seen a few, a small few that have TB on there mach's and they work.

when i had the TB and underdrive pulleys on my v6 it work great

ASh

I was gonna try the acufab, but if rich couldn't get it to wrk ill pass on that lol

ASH302
12-21-2010, 03:08 AM
I was gonna try the acufab, but if rich couldn't get it to wrk ill pass on that lol

i've heard it both ways on em. they work and don't work. like you i passed and didn't want to waste the money on trying

ASh

oohh3
12-21-2010, 10:02 AM
i've heard it both ways on em. they work and don't work. like you i passed and didn't want to waste the money on trying

ASh

Yeah anything that has well known issues I don't want to mess with. I forgot what brand I planned on getting for the intake but I want to keep the shaker fully functional. And it the leak down says its the vavle, ill have to put the mod the cobras had to use for cooling the back cylinder. I forgot what its called....

ASH302
12-21-2010, 06:49 PM
when are you having the leak down test done???

ASh