PDA

View Full Version : What do you think......

lax9hockey
08-22-2010, 07:23 PM
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/ctd/1911049202.html

Motor was stollen? very werid..... car is 15 mins from my house, going to go take a look at it tomorrow.

2k4mach
08-22-2010, 07:34 PM
whats weird about it?

so they didnt replace it with a mach motor or bought some used cobra cam covers to put on whatever long block they got to toss in the car.

lax9hockey
08-22-2010, 07:36 PM
thats what i was thinking but its not very common for a motor just to be stolen.

2k4mach
08-22-2010, 07:56 PM
thats what i was thinking but its not very common for a motor just to be stolen.

maybe not where your from but thats a pretty hot thing down here.

they will steal the car and yank the drivetrain from it. then they will sink the rest in the lake or leave it out on the side of the road to be found.

could have been part of a chop shop sting that just caught before it was completely stripped.

JaybTorchedMach
08-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Not very common down here either to just steal the engine. First I've heard of it. Clean looking car though. Someone should be able to lower the price a bit more since it does have a salvage title though.

Torquer
08-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Banks typically wont finance as much on a salvage title - or may not finance it at all depending on credit score/ relationship with the bank

lax9hockey
08-23-2010, 12:04 AM
i'm not worried about the money, i have the cash. I just want to make sure it is a legit car. Ive been looking for a mach 1 for a while and this one is close to my hosue but i want to find a nice one.

JaybTorchedMach
08-23-2010, 12:45 AM
i'm not worried about the money, i have the cash. I just want to make sure it is a legit car. Ive been looking for a mach 1 for a while and this one is close to my hosue but i want to find a nice one.

Well it looks like a clean Mach. Get the price lower though and take it in to a reliable mechanic to check it out before you make any deals just to make sure there isn't anything they forgot to mention regarding that salvage title :3amin:

lax9hockey
08-23-2010, 10:57 AM
I went and looked at the car this morning.....body and interior are very nice. When i turned the car on the rpms dropped really low but then came back up and once the car was on they were stable. Just scares me because it is not the original engine. I couldent take it for a test drive becuase i am 18 so i am going to go back with one of my parents and drive it later.

wigsite
08-23-2010, 02:26 PM
So why a salvage title? If a motor is stolen, isn't it cheaper for the insurance company to replace a $6k motor than scrap a $12k car. That doesn't add up to me. Had to be more damage from being wrecked and the motor was ruined in the crash or something like that.

halemach1
08-23-2010, 06:07 PM
i have my grandads old 95 chevy pickup sitting in my back yard. it was stolen, reported to the police and i found the **** thing in the woods about 5 mins from the house with no motor or trans. it seems to be a growing thing around here....

and the truck didn't even have a battery in it when its was stolen:anger: