PDA

View Full Version : AZ Mach Shootout

QTRPONY
12-27-2003, 11:02 PM
Eric-I am calling you out!! :mad:

And any of you other "grandma drivin" individuals can come and get some too if you can handle gettin your car dirty!! :cool:

Yeah, you boys from Tucson-I am talking to you too!!

I think we should figure out who the fastest is in AZ. We haven't had a decent get together in a while so now is as good a time as any to plan one and give everybody time to fit it in to their schedule.

22 February, 2004 is Club Day at Speedworld-if enough of you guys are willing to race I will call and see what I can arrange. I think if we get enough entries we may be able to get our own lane-but it would probably need to be at least 10. 12-15 would be even better. There are some new guys on the board and it would be a good chance to meet and have some fun and do some racing.

That is if your idea of racin is heads up, mach-to-mach and not down to the grocery store for more bon bons.

Who wants to come and get some?

(Disclaimer: For you new guys to the board-don't mind the trash talking, I was just poking a little fun at some of the guys. If this event goes through this will be a fun time whether you come to race or not. For those of you who haven't raced but want to try it- come on out! The first time is the hardest, cause after that you are hooked.)

Sodbuster
12-28-2003, 01:06 AM
Yo Yo Yo .....................Tuck man. Let the trash talking begin.
EVERYBODY knows that the DSG Machs are the FASTEST, CLEANEST, MEANEST, SWEETEST MACH1s out there. Count me in to put my money where my Mach is and join you at Speedworld.
For all you other AZ Machs out there, lets show 'em what we've got. :THUMBSUP:
Sodbuster

QTRPONY
12-28-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Sodbuster
Yo Yo Yo .....................Tuck man. Let the trash talking begin.
EVERYBODY knows that the DSG Machs are the FASTEST, CLEANEST, MEANEST, SWEETEST MACH1s out there.

DSG=Definitely Slow as Glue

You would easily pick up .4 -.5 by painting it blue.

QTRPONY
12-30-2003, 08:09 PM
Well Tim, I am not sure if Speedworld is gonna be able to handle the turnout with all the interest and all.:(

Maybe you and I will just have to have a "best 3 out of 5" run off or something.

That's it-I am moving to Cali. I checked the Westcoast board earlier and they were talking about having parties with models and stuff.

BTW-There is a Red Auto 03 w/10K for sale down at Earnhardt Ford I think they were asking $23K or so but somebody could probably get it for under $20 if they tried considering with a rebate you can almost get a new one for that.

Sodbuster
12-30-2003, 10:58 PM
Parties with models.....:HOPPY: When do we leave ?
You want to know what I think Tuck?? I dont think many people look at the regional forums. The only reason I did is because you posted it the MSN Group and I saw it there. Maybe you should start another AZ thread in the General section where all the action is. Just a thought.
Happy New Year pal, Tim

QTRPONY
12-31-2003, 12:36 AM
I think that would kind of defeat the purpose of Dave setting up the regional pages. I like being able to post local info here that way we don't bore everybody else in the U.S.

AZDave
12-31-2003, 02:13 PM
Hello AZ folks. I still visit here now and then. The email thread subscription thingy started working for me again. This thread and the trivia are about the only thing I look at regularly. It seems like most of the original local regulars have dropped away from here, ie: rick,eric,shaggy, fred, and me too. I still wander through the new posts every few days. Happy New Year to all.
11 months and 3,300 miles under my wheels.
Dave

Sodbuster
12-31-2003, 08:28 PM
Well I stand corrected Tuck, AzDave saw this thread. By the way Dave, Eric and Rick still log on once in a while, but you are right about Fred and Shaggy. They are here in spirt probably.
Did I read right ???? 3300 miles You must only drive that thing to the mailbox and back :D
Mine is 11 months old too and I'll turn over 15,000 miles this weekend. Still the original set of tires though...I must be driving it toooo easy.
Happy New Year, Tim

rsnider
01-05-2004, 12:21 PM
I still check the site ASAP but not having made any modifications to the mach limits my ability for input.

I think it would be great to get all the Machs together at the track!

QTRPONY
01-10-2004, 11:35 AM
I think there is a new low ET for stock machs in AZ. Unless I am mistaken the fastest time was a 13.8 by Joe (I think that was the name but my memory sucks- it was the white mach at FB the night before FFW.)

Anyway, if that was the case it got beat last night by Drey (Login=Fosters) with his Black 04. I will let him give the details.

I guess Eric is MIA-either that or he's scared. :LAUGH:

grlshy
01-10-2004, 12:49 PM
[i]

I guess Eric is MIA-either that or he's scared. :LAUGH: [/B]

I never knew we had such a bunch of comedians on the registry, or at least here in AZ. Sodbuster, did you rub off on some of these guys? and no I ain't skeered! Bring it on AZURE.
A...lways Z...ealous U...ntil R...acing E...ric 'cause you know what will happen.:D Yeah I had to kinda stretch to make that one work. Although it is much more creative than Definately Slow as Glue.:LAUGH: I'll will make it a point to be there if you all are going. And I hope Drey (Fosters) ran faster than a 13.59 or else your statement about having the fastest stock slip in AZ is incorrect. Incase you forgot, a lonely stock DSG Slowmatic put up a number like that a while back...:confused: Fosters, that wasn't a slam, I'm just giving Tuck a hard time. And by the way welcome. Oh, and just to keep the trash talkin' alive: Tim, when we go out there hopefully you will leave your purse at home and maybe shift past 4500rpms, and to Tuck, I'll believe a 13.6 out of you when I see it, and no complaining that you're used to your GT. Oh by the way guys I just got my car back from getting painted. It looks so much better. the car is back to perfect agian. The guy was saying that it was painfully obvious that the stock paint sucked. I also had the hood stripe painted on instead of the decal. I widened the stripe out to the hood crease that meets up with the black grille delete. I like it. You will have to see it. Later all! Eric

QTRPONY
01-10-2004, 04:18 PM
That was pretty creative-you must have been working on that a while.

Hey Drey (not sure of spelling). I don't think you've met Eric yet. Keep an eye out for this guy:

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=56749

No I did not remember you running a 13.59. I thought you ran slower than that stock. (Insert knife) You think all those letters after your name on the 1/4 mile list and that long list of mods in your signature would be worth more than one tenth of a second (twist knife).

Didn't know you had paint problems-was that covered by the warranty?

Hope that fancy stripe makes your car faster. You're gonna need to pick up some time.

As far as not seeing the 13.6 (not that it is anything to brag about) but if we are gonna go by that, I don't remember seeing you run much faster than 14-and that was after the gears, chip, CAI, exhaust, etc. .:D

Matter of fact didn't the guy who hadn't raced since the 60's beat you in that stock white mach last time out at firebird before FFW?
(break off knife in back) :COOL:

QTRPONY
01-10-2004, 04:37 PM
Hey Tim,

Think that will get him fired up? :D :D

Now maybe Eric will check the thread more than once a month.;)

Sodbuster
01-11-2004, 01:19 AM
Holy $*^# Tuck, You cracked me up tonight. I thought that pic of Eric was long forgotten. Its a good thing that our old buddy Eric is a good sport :CHEERS:
There sure is a lot of trash being thrown down around here, seems like we're gonna have to get together and settle this once and for all. Since most all of you guys have beaten me at least once already, I have no where to go but up.
My Mach turned one year old today though I didn't get the keys until 1/28/03. It still kicks &$$. I did an awesome 1st and 2nd gear burnout as a B-day present to it........you bad !! I do have the dreaded hood paint problem though. Check out the pic. It goes into Sanderson's paint shop Friday. Think it'll come out faster ?

QTRPONY
01-11-2004, 01:34 AM
That photo was an instant classic. I think it will stick around for a long time- to be resurrected for special occassions. Maybe we can get some special milk cartons for the shootout. "Have you seen this child?" :smack:

What is up with the paint on the DSG's?

Gotta a new name: Doesn't Stay Gray

Sodbuster
01-11-2004, 12:00 PM
Doesn't Stay Grey. Yeah that sounds about right.
I cant imagine that it is only the DSG that this happes to. I would strongly caution everybody to be on the lookout before the warranty expires.
More fun later....18 holes are waiting !

azdesert50
01-18-2004, 05:36 PM
Well I am kinda new I just bought a dsg 04 mach1 last sunday. I have been on this board and other's just looking around.
I did have a 89 5.0 conv. with lot's of mods. I sold it about a 4 days before I got my mach1.
If you guys need more cars on the 22 of Feb. I would love to out there and see if I can beat my 89 times(best of 14.3 at 99) I just need to rack up some more miles. I only got 300 miles on her.
But I did find a problem with my new 04 and it with the paint. On the pass. side door there is dirt or something under the paint in like 5 diff. spots. So I will stop by sanderson ford on Moday to see if the can fix it.
By the way Sodbuster how long was your car going to be at sanderson?
My last new truck I got at Larry miller it tool them 4 months to fix it. They gave me a rental car(96 mustang conv.)

Azdesert50:)

grlshy
01-18-2004, 10:31 PM
okay okay, here ya go tuck:

bone stock on 9 May 2003

2.097 60'

after mods on 3 October 2003

I am going to say I have picked up .2 tenths. I think that is pretty realistic, since the 60' is better on the stock run. I figure .2 is decent since my only hp mods are catted x and cat back and filter. I heard somewhere that 10hp is good usually for .1, if I can say I gained 20hp from my mods then that is phenominal. I bet if I was willing to spend the money for the dyno time to get a custom tune on my chip I would pick up quite a bit more with those mods. So for bolt-ons, .2 isn't too bad. And I have picked up about 2mph. I have hit 104.47 before. Gears are semi negated in the quarter since what you gain down low you loose at high speeds, or at least that seems to be the case with me. Gears make it feel faster. So thats my story and I'm stickin' to it. Oh and when couldn't I break 14? When I shut down that last race at ffw, when I thought I broke my trans? All I gotta say is bring it on laddies!:D

Sodbuster
01-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Hi everyone, in case you didn't know it , Donna and I have been on a cruise to Cancun / Cozumel for the last week so thats the reason for the quiet. We just got home a little while ago. Boy do I need a Mach1 fix.
As soon as that plane touched the tarmac I was on the phone to Sanderson to see if I could pick it up today. Henry said they were just now buffing it out and I could pick it up tomorrow before noon :HOPPY: Its been there one week.
The cruise was fun...ate too much and drank too much but made it back to the ship each night.
Greetings to our newest member azdesert50. I must say you do have good taste when it comes to the color of your cars. Can you see any difference between yours and the '03 ?
Nice to be home.....Lets race !

azdesert50
01-22-2004, 11:54 PM
hey Sodbuster

I just picked my car up at Sanderson Ford I had dirt in the paint on the passenger side door. I had droped it off on Monday and picked it about 4 p.m today. It looks better, I only have 300 miles on her, but I sure did miss driving her.
I did see your car there when I got mine, the driver side badging was missing, but the hood looked good. (I saw the plates, looks good).
The only diff. I see is the badging on the outside other than that it looks the same.

Azdesert50

Sodbuster
01-23-2004, 09:17 PM
Ok ready for a paint update ? :blah: :blah: :blah:
I finally picked up the Mach today at 4:30 and it looks pretty good except for a few "fisheyes" that the service guy said he would buff out in a few weeks. I'm not so sure about that but I'll let them try.
One thing that has me a little concerned is that they put a little over three miles on the car. Now I dont expect them to push the car to the paint shop but when I confronted the service guy he said that it wasn't that far there and back :confused: :confused: Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill because it seemed to be ok on the drive home but I dont like the idea of anyone joy riding in the Mach.
Anyone have any experience with this kind of thing ???? Who did you contact....Salesman, Owner, Cops, Lawyer, Hitman.

Sodbuster
01-24-2004, 12:36 AM
Hi all, seems there is quite a big gathering going on at the Pavillions this Saturday 1/24/2003.
Rick and I are planning on heading out there around 3:00 pm and are spreading the word. Anyone else interested ??? How about a Mach1 convoy from a central location ??
You guys in ??:COOL:
Tim

QTRPONY
01-24-2004, 03:20 PM
I just drove back in from San Bernardino. While Tim was out having fun in the sun I was going through boot camp (again). Not really, but sometimes it seemed like it. Actually, it was a week long umpire clinic for Little League. I learned so much my head is still spinning and even though it was a lot tougher than I expected, I had a blast. Can't wait for the kids to get back on the field so that I can try to use some of what I learned.

I 've got to unpack and wind down after the drive. The pavillions sounds like fun but I think I am going to pass. I did see 3-4 cars on trailers coming in from CA, now I know why.

I'll check back in-in the next day or two to see if I can get things stirred up a little more.;)

BTW AZDesert-welcome to the board.

grlshy
01-28-2004, 12:38 PM
Welcome back ya'll. While you all have been out livin' it up I have been bustin' my booty. Long days for me these days. Anyway only 30 more years and I'm done with this work stuff. Tim, I'm glad to hear you got your car back. I know EXACTLY how it feels to be missing it. At least you had the cruise to distract you a little. See, when mine went in the shop I got stuck driving her Isuzu Rodeo. Granted that isn't a bad car, but it sure does make the mach feel real dam fast when I get back into it. :D So far I think my hood is holding up well. Hey tim I think My paint was doing something goofy and I wasn't going to worry about it util the paint was completely cured then they could probably buff it out. We'll see how it looks today. I am going to give it it's first coat of wax since the surgury.:p I'll try to post some picks of the stripe. I am never good at shrinking the darn things.

Explorer
02-05-2004, 12:13 AM
Howdy... one of AZ's newest Mach owners here. My wife and I picked ours up 2 weeks ago. We already have 1000+ miles on it, it's first oil change has been done, and we're ready to rock!

I would really like to go out to Speedworld soon. A friend of mine, John Leslie is a Tech guy over there and my wife knows a lot of the track crew since many of them also work at the school out there where she used to teach.

It's been exactly 20 years since I've been on a dragstrip in a car. Can't wait to get back at it. This will be my first time with a manual tranny car though and that will take some getting used to.

I'm also interested in getting out to the Pavillions some time. I've heard about it, but I've never been out there.

Cya

azdesert50
02-16-2004, 10:31 PM
Hey everyone,

Is everyone still going out to speedworld on the 22 of this month?

What time is it going to start?

Thanks

John

Explorer
02-16-2004, 10:38 PM
We're ready as long as I can come up with a helmet in the next week. Shouldn't be a problem though.

azdesert50
02-16-2004, 11:11 PM
I have a XL helmet you can use if you need to. I used it at firebird

when I ran my 89 conv. but you don't need it unitl the 12's, right?

John

Explorer
02-17-2004, 12:02 AM
I believe you need a helmet to run in the 13s.

QTRPONY
02-17-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by azdesert50
Hey everyone,

Is everyone still going out to speedworld on the 22 of this month?

What time is it going to start?

Thanks

John

Sorry John but I gave up on trying to put something together about a month ago. There are 7 people who posted any response at all to the proposal and from past experience I am guessing at best there would be 4 cars show next Sunday morning. I would put some time and effort into it if we had 10-12 people serious about coming but not for 3 or 4.

Considering I put this out 2 months ago and that there are probably 30+ Machs in AZ counting Tucson, I was hoping to get a bigger response BUT I guess they're scared.

BTW I saw Eric on the road the other day and I see that he came up with a fix for the Doesn't Stay Gray Hood-he painted most of it black.

rsnider
02-17-2004, 04:07 PM
I am planning on a quick evening at speedworld next Wednesday the 25th of February. I will be going out with some neighbors and plan to be home early... but if anyone want to race a bone stock automatic I'll be there. It would be great to see some other 03/04 Mach 1's there.

azdesert50
02-17-2004, 04:25 PM
I think I will be going on the 3 of March I have only 830 miles on

my car. I would like to get at least 1000 miles and an oil change,

so I don't think I will make by tommorrow.

rsnider
02-17-2004, 05:12 PM
The 25th is NEXT Wednesday. You can post a thread and ask opinions, but if you get 1k mi. on the Mach it may not bother it to go to the drags? But don't take my word on it. I personally considered my Mach completely broke in by 1k.