PDA

View Full Version : Motorsports Unlimited Show

rcode99
12-27-2003, 09:23 PM
I will keep emailing these folks until they respond about a show. In the meantime, if Motorsports is willing, how many folks would attend a show of our own with new and vintage Machs? Has anyone had experience organizing one of these. If we limit it to folks on the Registry, there are a lot of cars in central to northern Illinois, southern Wisconsin, and NW Indiana. So we won't need to do any advertising for car owners. Suggestions would be appreciated. Send a PM so we don't clutter up the thread.

Alternately, if we can't get our own show, how many would show up at a regularly scheduled Motorsports car show? I think even at an open show, a few dozen Machs would be a great visual display and would be hard for Motorsports Unlimited to overlook. And worse case...we could just get to know each other by face and perhaps hit a local coffee shop or restaurant.

I figure a late April-May time frame would be okay. If anyone is interested let me know as soon as you can. I hope I'll get a call from the show right after the holidays. If I don't, I'll find out where he lives in the next county and go knock on his door personally.

rcode99
12-29-2003, 03:31 AM
Don't know where my last post went. Oh well.
Bill Wildt, the producer of Motorsport Unlimited, called me tonight. Here's the deal. He would like to tape a show for Mach 1s. He says Fords are under-represented at cars show anyway. In case you haven't seen his show, Bill is trying to maintain public interest in cars - classics, race cars, restos, racing, etc.

He charges $600 to come out and do his thing. He is on site for about 3 hours, doing interviews and taping. We would have to come up with the cash. The more folks that would like to meet for a 'show', the cheaper it would be per person. If anyone has any car show experience, perhaps we could do some fun, unformal judging and handout some plaques or something if there's enough interest. I don't know. This is just a wild idea, folks

His show is broadcast from Aurora to the Indiana line and north to the Wisconsin line. You can chaeck MSUTV.COM to see the local viewing channels. I believe I can come up with a parking lot for the show in Westchester, which is a about an hour from Aurora, Wisconsin, and the Indiana line, unless someone has a better idea and location.

If owners of old and new Machs want to do this, let me know and I'll keep in touch with Bill. I mentioned the later part of May so there is little or no chance of snow.

Please begin letting me know as soon as possible if you are interested. I think it would really be awesome if we could get our cars on TV, and tapes of the show can be purchased, I believe.

BlackSunshine
12-29-2003, 11:37 AM
This whole idea sounds great!

I'm more then willing to show up anywhere where the show would be to have another Mach 1 in the area. Just let me know of any new details when you hear about them.

rcode99
12-29-2003, 12:02 PM
That's 2 Machs. I think we need at least 30 cars. I'd like to see more so we can keep the cost down.

Thanks.

virgs04mach1
12-29-2003, 03:19 PM
I would be interested in attending, btw isn't that the show with the women dressed in those pink bunny outfits or what ever?

rcode99
12-29-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by virgs04mach1
I would be interested in attending, btw isn't that the show with the women dressed in those pink bunny outfits or what ever?

I have nothing to do with the style coordination on the show.

Thanks. That's 3! Is thst Virgil's Mach or Virginia's?

virgs04mach1
12-29-2003, 04:36 PM
Actually my full name is Virgilio, but people call me Virg or Virgil