PDA

View Full Version : RIP Original Battery for Mach 1 VIN 345593

Tony Alonso
03-29-2010, 09:55 AM
I got over 7 years of starts out of this baby on a car with over 71500 miles, and it finally gave up the ghost over this past winter. A new Motorcraft BXT-59 replacement went in this past Saturday.

A shout out to the manufacturer - well done!

ASH302
03-29-2010, 10:08 AM
sounds like a good battery did you get it a head stone for it? lol:23:

Mach1 EH
03-29-2010, 10:45 AM
LOL
HEY Tony, I think I MAY get another year out of mine.

Still have the original, the green eye is a bit red but hoping a good run will charge it back up.
Started last spring with the red eye but after the drive to Alabama, it was green once again.

Hoping for the same result this season too!

_bones
03-29-2010, 11:44 AM
them batterys are great. lol it out lasted a buddys 05 gt by yrs. all last summer it had double duty startin my diesel kobota for the lawn. it got to the point were i can switch up batterys faster then a nascar team:23:

kiler be
03-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the info. Looks like I better get a new one soon.

Bill Hamilton
03-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Pretty good battery life. I replaced my original a couple months back at around 60K miles and it's also a daily driver.

03mach1
03-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Mine is still kicking too! Of course not nearly as many starts as yours....but will know in another month when it comes out of hibernation...... :)

Con's Mach1
03-29-2010, 01:05 PM
I got over 7 years of starts out of this baby on a car with over 71500 miles, and it finally gave up the ghost over this past winter. A new Motorcraft EXT-59 replacement went in this past Saturday.

A shout out to the manufacturer - well done!
Did you mean BXT-59? We have two Mustangs, the '03Gt battery went in Jan and the '04 Mach1 battery GOING OUT today. And, you're right, great batteries. And going to buy the BXT-59 Motorcraft again. Just that the replacements don't have the EYE on the top. GREAT WARRANTY also.

Tony Alonso
03-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Did you mean BXT-59? We have two Mustangs, the '03Gt battery went in Jan and the '04 Mach1 battery GOING OUT today. And, you're right, great batteries. And going buy the BXT-59 Motorcraft again. Just that the replacements don't have the EYE on the top. GREAT WARRANTY also.

Yes! Thanks for catching the mistake...fixed it now.

And moderators, feel free to move this to the "Electrical" forum. I made this booboo as well today - fat fingers!

Fenixfire
03-29-2010, 01:53 PM
My 04 had the original battery when I sold it....still goin fine. My 03 still has the original battery and it was fine before a bolt ruined my motors day. Will see if its still good once the motor is ready to live again.

gbranton
03-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Mine's still going strong with the original battery. I hope it holds out until after I replace the original tires, which I hope will be soon.

Con's Mach1
03-29-2010, 01:55 PM
My 04 had the original battery when I sold it....still goin fine. My 03 still has the original battery and it was fine before a bolt ruined my motors day. Will see if its still good once the motor is ready to live again.
I'd rather the Battery go out!!!:eyes:

24kmach
03-29-2010, 02:05 PM
My Braille is still going strong. :eek:

Bill Hamilton
03-29-2010, 02:21 PM
All you guys who just bragged above about your original batteries.....well they're toast now, Bud.

Get ready to buy another one in the next couple of weeks. I did the same things and two weeks later it wouldn't start one morning. No warning, no slow to turn over, no nothing, just D-e-a-d - Dead. :anger:

Fenixfire
03-29-2010, 02:24 PM
I'd rather the Battery go out!!!:eyes:

Me too :(

Con's Mach1
03-29-2010, 02:28 PM
All you guys who just bragged above about your original batteries.....well they're toast now, Bud.

Get ready to buy another one in the next couple of weeks. I did the same things and two weeks later it wouldn't start one morning. No warning, no slow to turn over, no nothing, just D-e-a-d - Dead. :anger: I just noticed the GAUGES were doing a SWEEP thing on start up. It was a warning sign and I TOOK IT. Kinda cool warning system though. Can't complain about a factory battery going 7-8 years. Some are still going, and GOING, and GOING....At least you have a three year exchange warranty Bill. I know it doesn't help much, but everything made has a BAD BATCH once in awhile.

Bill Hamilton
03-29-2010, 02:32 PM
I just noticed the GAUGES were doing a SWEEP thing on start up. It was a warning sign and I TOOK IT. Kinda cool warning system though. Can't complain about a factory battery going 7-8 years. Some are still going, and GOING, and GOING....

You were smart. I noticed mine did it a few days before and just thought it was cool. :smokin:

At the time I didn't know it was a warning. :eyes:

White04Mach
03-29-2010, 02:39 PM
My 04 still has the original battery, I put a battery tender on it all winter to help it stay up. My 01 ranger with almost 90k miles on it is still kicking the original battery. :eek: It cranks slow when its cold out but other than that it's still going. I was going to change it this past winter but now I'm just curious to see how long it will go.

gbranton
03-29-2010, 03:08 PM

Yeah, I didn't think about that until after I said it. When it goes I'm going to put an Optima in it.

TEXASDSGMACH1
03-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Motorcraft batteries are twice as good as AC Delco, literally. My 03 F150 is still on the original battery at 75k miles, but my 06 Corvette had to have a battery at less than 3 years old with only 30k miles on it(at least GM replaced it under warranty). At work we have had 2 Duramaxs need batteries at less than 3 years old.

MACH1RAMAIR
03-29-2010, 07:10 PM
I still have the original tires, battery, hoses, belt over 6 years old and just turned 20k.
PS I do have drag radials on spare rims, but the front tires have never been off except for cleaning the inside of rims.
Bill

kiler be
03-30-2010, 12:24 AM
I just noticed the GAUGES were doing a SWEEP thing on start up. It was a warning sign and I TOOK IT. Kinda cool warning system though. Can't complain about a factory battery going 7-8 years. Some are still going, and GOING, and GOING....At least you have a three year exchange warranty Bill. I know it doesn't help much, but everything made has a BAD BATCH once in awhile.

Great info, thanks.....I did not know that. I'll be watching.

kiler be
03-30-2010, 12:26 AM

Get ready to buy another one in the next couple of weeks. I did the same things and two weeks later it wouldn't start one morning. No warning, no slow to turn over, no nothing, just D-e-a-d - Dead. :anger:

:anger: You race car drivers are all the same....think you know it all....:23:

kiler be
03-30-2010, 12:27 AM
My Braille is still going strong. :eek:

Did you sell your house? .....:23:

muzman
03-30-2010, 02:34 AM
yeah, I am amazed that my battery still works, only got just over 3,000 miles on mine, so it sits around a lot, we only had to put it on charge once last year and away she went again. It will be getting a lot more miles put on it from April, thats when a new law change comes in that I have been working on that will alow me to register the Mach and use it on NZ roads in left hand drive, yipee!

mwcate
03-30-2010, 06:43 AM
I just bought my Mach last April, & the original owner had already replaced the battery. With one from WalMart. Yuk. It's gotta go. It's embarassing at shows!

Fubars Mach 1
04-02-2010, 04:03 AM
You were smart. I noticed mine did it a few days before and just thought it was cool. :smokin:

At the time I didn't know it was a warning. :eyes:

What??? I thought my car had learned a new trick, dang man. Guess i gotta get a new battery soon. poo

ASH302
04-02-2010, 02:57 PM
mines doing pretty good, but i may get one or two more years out of it, its the one that came with it, i hope so

Con's Mach1
04-02-2010, 03:14 PM

At the time I didn't know it was a warning. :eyes:Bill, you crack me up! I thought something STRANGE was going on when it happened. But, now that you mention it, it was kinda cool though. When it started SWEEPING on the Mach, we waited another month and bought a new Motorcraft BXT-59. Good thing to, it only had 220 CCA left, SHEW! You still cracked me up!!!:23:

socalmach
04-02-2010, 09:56 PM
80k miles on the original battery and still kicking strong.

Bill Hamilton
04-03-2010, 08:35 AM
80k miles on the original battery and still kicking strong.

With batteries it's more of an age thing than mileage. Watch for the guage sweep, you're driving on borrowed time, good luck. :machgod: