PDA

View Full Version : help w/ fitment

machgsxr
12-27-2009, 12:04 AM
This is a question for those who have a tubular k-member and arms with a forged rim. hre's, tru forged, ccw's.....

I would like to see pics of your car before and after the k member install with your rims. If you have pics of either one, that would be fine as well.

Here is my problem. I have some rims that fit fine on stock k and arms, but on my tubular k and arms they stick out like ~1" past the fender. I really don't like the look, but I have had a few people tell me not to change to a foxbody control arm because I will be losing alot of my travel due to the hp twin kit. I thought about changing out just the spindles and steering rack to help tuck them in as an alternative, but it seems it would cause the same problems as changing the control arms.

The standard aftermarket rim will fit fine with no problems and will fit flush with the fender and look perfect, but I can't use those. I need rims to clear big brakes.

Any help would be great to get me going in the right direction. I need some rims, but would like to have some rims that stay tucked in with the k-member and be able to use the brakes I have on the car.

Any suspension guru's know if I will have any problems by changing the foxbody control arms or by changing to the foxbody spindle?

Bill or Dan, does the psr k-member and a-arms push the wheels out further like the other after market k-members?