PDA

View Full Version : cd player not working?

1fast03
12-21-2009, 04:14 PM
so my cd player says that all the slots are full and theres no cds in the player. everytime i try to load up or eject a cd it says that theres a cd error. anyone had this problem before or know of a quick fix? ive tried disconnecting the battery and stuff with no luck and ive been sittin around messing with it for a while and i cant figure it out. anybody know what could be wrong? thanks!

Con's Mach1
12-21-2009, 04:34 PM
You could pull it out, and open it to see if it's jammed. It's not hard to remove the unit. Not sure what else to tell you.

anglia4
07-10-2010, 01:08 AM
gunna bump this thread up.

Has anybody found a solution for this problem?
Mine is doing the same thing, or at least it was, now though if i press the load buttom it says "initializing" and then does nothing and goes back to idle again after a few seconds.

I'd really like to fix it!

anglia4
07-17-2010, 12:12 AM
I think i saw a post on here somewhere where someone said that if these units get jarred they can jam up? Does anybody know if this is true and is there anything can be done to fix them?

I'm just wondering if maybe it got jarred while the car was in the shipping container being picked up and put down etc.

Help would be awesome thanks :CHEERS:

311-420
07-18-2010, 03:38 PM
The stock units have been known to flake out. I'd find an aftermarket replacement. Alpine, kenwood etc. You'll be able to dial in the sound better with an aftermarket. My cheap Sony xplode gets twice as loud and clear as the stock one ever did. Only problem with my xplod is the back button is sketchy sometimes. I still like it better than stock because the volume and clarity is that much better.

NastyNate
07-18-2010, 05:58 PM
I fixed my stocker but that only lasted a few months. It kept on getting cd jammed. I took it apart to try to fix it and lost one of the springs....The easiest thing is to jus get an aftermarket radio. I heard ford charges around 100 to fix the stocker.

anglia4
07-19-2010, 02:10 AM
nastynate are you able to describe what needed to be done to repair it? i quite like having the standard look to the dash so aftermarket will be my last resort